Mowing Worst thing run over with a mower

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #1  

Rus91

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4010
I saw this thread on the lawn and tractor forum and I ended up crying I was lauging so hard. I thought I would try it here. So the question is what is the worst thing you have run over with your mower and how did the mower come out and if you care to, describe the object before and after.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #2  
The object was small black with a white stripe. Ran very fast, suddenly pulled a 180 degree turn and ran back under tractor,only to be caught under brush hog. Made no terrible sound. But eye watering odor made immediate evac. top priority. Tractor and brush hog proceeded to remain untouched in feild for four days before I could venture close enough to move it, odor lingered for weeks. Description of the object afterwards not recommended in the interest of good taste. Who would have thought that the first skunk I ever saw would turn out to be suicidal.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #3  
Well,,,the mower came out fine. But the chainsaw was never the same.

Dave Perry

Attachments

• 47-190296-chainsaw1.jpg
    47-190296-chainsaw1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 149
   / Worst thing run over with a mower #4  
well this goes back about 8 years, just bought a 6ft finich mower to go behind my old ford 2 n(before b2400)them old ford had real small metal seats, the kind u are always sliding on.i was mowing my mothers fied for her, when all of asudden i heard this odd sound from the mower, knew i had run over something, imeadiatlystopped and looked back/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif there was peices of $20's an $10's and $five's and singles, along with drivers lisence, pistol permit, credit cards and leather wallet just a blowin in the wind./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif unknown to me guess what fell out of my pocket?

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #5  
Mowed over a hornets nest when I was about 14 yrs old. I saw
it just about the time the little tree it was on went under the mower. It was a long afternoon at the ER. Found out several things, First, 200 stings will put you closer to death than I want to ever be again, and a MF135 diesel at half throttle will run all afternoon and most of the night before it runs out of fuel!

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #6  
Same thing happened to me 2 years ago with a Farmall 230 and my new Woods RD8400, heard a sound and little peices everywhere. One thing though, not one piece of paper money was anything more than a little green. Gotta love them Woods mowers /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Nick

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #7  
I was brush hoggin with my PT425 and ran over this ratcheting tie down strap down by the highway. I should have walked the area first. It shot out the rear, blew the back left wheel into bits (pictured), which then blew forward across the highway. Thanks goodness it didn't hit a passing car.

Attachments

• 47-190332-bang.jpg
    47-190332-bang.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 170
   / Worst thing run over with a mower #8  
The only real damage inflicted upon the mower was by a piece of pipe someone (no not me) left in the meadow at my Mom-in-law's meadow. It wedged in the deck and stopped the one blade of my Caroni RFM. Everything else kept running, and the result was stripped threads on the spindle. $100 on the MasterCard to Agri-Direct and 2 days later I was back in business.

Other odd stuff I tangled with were some broken cultipacker wheels (dented up my new hard-faced blades on a Cub MMM), a snake, turtle, small rabbit, assorted toys, plastic shrinkwrap and a hornet's nest. Had a "OMYGOSH" moment with the hornet's nest, but didn't get stung.................chim

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #9  
Tame by these standards, I have run the brush hog over the same good chain twice in the same day. Also, the guard came off the brush hog, I laid it on the deck and forgot about it. It fell off and I ran over it. Made a mess.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower
Thus far I have gotten a few good laughs. I too have trashed my share of childrens toys and the fall is always fun after the walnuts fall from the trees. I have to be very careful where I am aiming. The walnuts remind of baseballs coming out of a pitching machine. The only critters I have danced with our my wives little rodents she refers to as chippas, aka chipmunks or rats with cute markings. As for most of these runins there has been no damage to the woods I used to use but now I am much more careful with my JD 4010. The only thing that ever stopped the woods was a rug that I thought I could clear that somehow ended up getting sucked in. It shredded itself around the spindle and required me cutting it out from underneath the deck.

I think the skunk story takes the cake for now.

Brent