Loader Interesting use of loader

/ Interesting use of loader #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
DUI suspect carried from field in tractor bucket - Yahoo! News

GLENVILLE, Pa. Police said a Maryland man was so drunk after driving into a central Pennsylvania field that a farmer had to carry the handcuffed suspect out in the bucket of his tractor. Southwestern Regional police Chief Greg Bean said 36-year-old Shawn Anthony Hott, of Boonsboro, Md., had to be pulled to safety after he was nearly run over by his own truck.

Bean said Wednesday that Hott was driving through fields Sunday night and fled police before nearly hitting a herd of cows in Glenville, about 30 miles south of Harrisburg.

Bean said Hott surrendered and collapsed behind his truck, which started to drift back toward him. Officer Bryn Lindenmuth pulled Hott away then needed the farmer to carry them back to his patrol car.

A phone listing for Hott could not be located Wednesday.

not sure where I should put this.. But it is about a tractor.... :D

J

/ Interesting use of loader #2  
Wow! now that is drunk for sure but good use for the bucket..

/ Interesting use of loader #3  
And maybe the farmer just finished scooping out the barnyard. :D

But I'd a been worried that the drunk would wiggle out of the bucket and get run over by the tractor. Either drive backwards or just hook onto him and drag him out. :)

The liability to the farmer in this situation (if the drunk would get hurt) seems a bit scary in this day and age. :(

/ Interesting use of loader #4  
The liability to the farmer in this situation (if the drunk would get hurt) seems a bit scary in this day and age. :(

I'm not so sure about that.

radartech said:
Officer Bryn Lindenmuth pulled Hott away then needed the farmer to carry them back to his patrol car.
Would this not mean that both the operator and the tractor were technically comandeered and would be the responsibility of Law Enforcement?

/ Interesting use of loader #5  
I'm not so sure about that.

Would this not mean that both the operator and the tractor were technically comandeered and would be the responsibility of Law Enforcement?

If he did so at the direction of the officer, yes.

WB

/ Interesting use of loader #6  
But I'd a been worried that the drunk would wiggle out of the bucket and get run over by the tractor. Either drive backwards or just hook onto him and drag him out. :)

Naw! Just grapple him in there and head to the road! though you might find a little "chuck" in the bucket and have to wash it out!:eek::laughing:

/ Interesting use of loader #7  
My FEL bucket is most uncomfortably shaped, and the bolt threads sticking up from the cutting edge do nothing to improve the situation.

I think the guy would be alive but pretty bruised by the ride.

/ Interesting use of loader #8  
This reminds me of the scene from 'Animal House' where they drop off the drunk co-ed at her parent's house in a shopping cart.

If this guy was that drunk, he never would notice the bolts in Curly's bucket until he sobered up and tried to figure out where the bruises came from.

/ Interesting use of loader #9  
... another good job for the boom pole.