7 foot woods finish mower

/ 7 foot woods finish mower #1  

framer

Gold Member
Tractor
B7800
Any body use woods 7 foot finish mower with b7800.Have been told it mite be
to heavy. Any opinions.I mow about 4 acres that is reclaimed pasture. Have a
zd26 54 deck have to mow slower because of roughness but all is fairly flat.

/ 7 foot woods finish mower #2  
I think you will find it too heavy-you might have just enough power if the grass is low, but a 7' deck wil probably weigh 800-1000lbs.

Will

/ 7 foot woods finish mower #3  
I had a B7800 and a 6 foot Land Pride RFM. The 6 foot is as big as you want to go. The 6 foot still works the B7800 if you have any hills or the grass is a little tall. I have a 7 foot on my 3940 and it's still a pretty good load with the hills.

/ 7 foot woods finish mower #4  
That B7800 has about 22 PTO HP, I believe. A 72" mower would be a very good fit. 84" would really be pushing it, but if you're getting a really good deal and are willing to mow a bit slower (which would negate the advantage of a bigger mower, of course), it might be worth it to you. As long as you keep your grass mowed frequently, might work quite well.
As Will_C wrote, that mower is going to be heavy (my Befco 84" goes about 700 lbs). Woods mowers are a bit heavier (you can get the weight on the Woods Equipment website). You'll probably have to keep your loader on or install suitcase weights if you want to lift it.

So, a decent deal if you get a really good price on the mower...otherwise, go for the 72" mower.

Good luck...

/ 7 foot woods finish mower #5  
I have an 7ft. Woods mower that I pull with either a 35 Massey (35 horse) or a 231s Massey (45 hp). Either one works great. My neighbor pulls a 6 foot Woods with 20 horse Yanmar. I think he's under gunned, but it seems to work for him.
If the pastures get out of control I go to a 6 ft. Massey bushhog.

/ 7 foot woods finish mower #6  
I use a Woods PRD7200 (72") on my B7800. It weighs 720#. A PRD8400 (84") weighs 830#. The B7800 is rated for 500# max on rear mower weight. I think it would be more than my three point could bear to go the 830#. I think the B7800 tractor has the power to run an 84" mower but the weight is just too much on the three point.

/ 7 foot woods finish mower
Thanks for all the replies.Too heavy is about every bodys opion.The mower
was priced at $2,100 low hrs not low enough to risk. Thanks