Run'd out of Diesel - B7800

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #21  
G'day Cat used to use small petrol ( sorry gas) engines to start their diesels you would start the small engine and it would supply oil pressure and warm the coolant up in the main engine, then you would throw a dog clutch to crank the main engine, these engines where renown for their long life as they always started with full oil pressure and warm water. International used to have a petrol start diesel in their early crawlers, these would start on petrol by opening the valve slightly and lowering compression and when they had warmed up slightly you would switch a fuel tap and throw a lever to allow the valves to close properly thus running it on diesel, good in theory but a huge PITA when the linkages where worn and you either did not throw the valve open or let it close properly.

Jon

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #22  
Well, we all gathered around the "Big K", lit candles, said a simple prayer to Saint Plz Start, turned the key and like music to my ears she fired up...Wheeeeeew. Some kind of reserve setup would be nice, I'm to old for the stress. Thanks all.

if it starved from the main tank the reserve would be useless.. starving is starving. best bet is to just be mindfull of fuel consumption and fuel her at 90% consumed

soundguy

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #23  
I had a cat D69u that had a pony motor start setup for the diesel. not sure if it shared water and oil.. but it for sure started the diesel..

soundguy

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #24  
Ya. But, this is also a reason I have specific fuel cans for gas, and diesel. Not gonna mix up those yellow diesel cans.

Well I did say "gas" - but yaw knew what I meant, got a trucker in the family and he always corrects people when they speak of "gas" and not diesel (when referring to his truck), but he still knows what they are implying...so....no big deal...

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #26  
Well, we all gathered around the "Big K", lit candles, said a simple prayer to Saint Plz Start, turned the key and like music to my ears she fired up...Wheeeeeew. Some kind of reserve setup would be nice, I'm to old for the stress. Thanks all.

Those small Kubotas are user friendly when it comes to restarting with air in the fuel lines. That's one of the reasons I selected the B7510HST as my first tractor. I asked the Kubota sales guy so show me how to bleed the fuel lines on that little Bota since I planned to do the servicing myself. He showed me the procedure in the operator manual--just crank the engine until it starts. And, as Baretta used to say, that's the name of that tune.

Wish my MF135 diesel were as easy to start after servicing the fuel filters.

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #27  
Those small Kubotas are user friendly when it comes to restarting with air in the fuel lines. That's one of the reasons I selected the B7510HST as my first tractor. I asked the Kubota sales guy so show me how to bleed the fuel lines on that little Bota since I planned to do the servicing myself. He showed me the procedure in the operator manual--just crank the engine until it starts. And, as Baretta used to say, that's the name of that tune.

Wish my MF135 diesel were as easy to start after servicing the fuel filters.

Does anyone know if all new Kubotas "self bleeding"? Or is it just the smaller CUTs?