Run'd out of Diesel - B7800

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #1  

Temp97

Bronze Member
The boy ran it out of go-go juice. I've heard the stories about having to bleed lines and not running so well afterwards. Anybody have any advice before we try to start it back up?? Hoping that it's a self bleeder and it takes care of it's self.

Thanks

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #2  
By the time you get that started, I will bet that you will never let it run out again.

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #3  
Should have a hand primer, add clean fuel, pump the primer till hard, crack one injector line , pump hand primer till you see fuel. tighten the line, should start. CAUTION, be sure the battery is fully charged , engine has to spin over 75 rpm to start.
RZ HIll

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #4  
From the B7800 factory repair manual. Looks like not a problem.

Attachments

• Pages from 7800 Manual copy.jpg
    Pages from 7800 Manual copy.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 424
   / Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #5  
That seems as simple as if it didn't even run out of gas.

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #7  
If that diesel ran out of gas, there are a lot bigger problems to worry about :eek: :D

Actually, didn't there used to be tractors that you started with a gas engine, and once they were warmed up you switched over to a diesel engine to work with?

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #8  
Actually, didn't there used to be tractors that you started with a gas engine, and once they were warmed up you switched over to a diesel engine to work with?

Yeah. A guy near me has one. It has one engine that uses dual fuels. You start it on gasoline and then switch to diesel after it's warmed up. I guess the trick is that you have to switch back to gasoline before you shut her down or you won't get her started the next time.

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800 #9  
Yeah. A guy near me has one. It has one engine that uses dual fuels. You start it on gasoline and then switch to diesel after it's warmed up. I guess the trick is that you have to switch back to gasoline before you shut her down or you won't get her started the next time.

We had some like an H Farmall with a small gas tank and large kerosene fuel tank. Hot head and piston made that possible if guess. I think it may have had steel wheels but I was very small at the time.

/ Run'd out of Diesel - B7800
I hope it's this simple. I'm giving it a try tonight. I'll keep ya posted. Actually I just found a You Tube video about how to bleed the lines. If when I fill it up and if it doesn't work I will try their method. It's attached if I did it right,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJn2kDnWQPU

Last edited: