My tractors helped me out today

/ My tractors helped me out today #1  

magicheater

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800, B26 TLB
What started out as a simple day of hauling material ended in quite a finale.
Loaded the B7800 up in the 12' dump trailer to 1st load wood chunks I bird dogged out of a pile of brush to be burnt and a bit farther down the road bring back a pile of horse manure that was saved for me to haul. Got two loads of chunks for the boiler and headed for the manure pile. On the way home with the first load of manure my truck dies. Pull over to the side of the road, stop, and luckily it starts again. Proceed and a few miles later does the same thing. I am on alert now as this has happened before, thinking maybe just a plugged fuel filter and hoping not the fuel pump. Make it to the town a mile from my house and stop the fill up as I was way low. Don't even get out of the station, end up walking home, thinking all the way of what to do now, Have a dead truck with a 12' trailer full of manure blocking one of the entrances to the gas station. Call a friend and have him meet me at the station as I hop on my big Kubota and head for town, on the way out I notice that the left front tire on my only other vehicle is flat:shocked:. I have a work commitment tomorrow so had to deal with this tonight. Thank god for tractors, help getting so close to home before truck dies and just plain in general. It could have been worse!

Attachments

• DSCF0248[1].jpg
    DSCF0248[1].jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCF0249[1].jpg
    DSCF0249[1].jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCF0251[1].jpg
    DSCF0251[1].jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCF0252[1].jpg
    DSCF0252[1].jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCF0254[1].jpg
    DSCF0254[1].jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 241
   / My tractors helped me out today #2  
A tough day I'd say, but sounds like you stayed mostly on the sunny side. Hope it is just a fuel filter for your truck!

/ My tractors helped me out today #3  
Good thing you had a "big Kubota ". What brand dump trailer did you buy ? I'm looking for one in the central Wi area. I read one ad that says tube frame is stronger. Another says tube frames rust from condinsation.... C channel is the best and strongest.... I'm so confused if I found a deal on axles i would build my own.

/ My tractors helped me out today
Good thing you had a "big Kubota ". What brand dump trailer did you buy ? I'm looking for one in the central Wi area. I read one ad that says tube frame is stronger. Another says tube frames rust from condinsation.... C channel is the best and strongest.... I'm so confused if I found a deal on axles i would build my own.
I bought a trailer from Griffin Trailers. I went with the lowest price I could find with the most features. I got a heavier floor as I dump firewood in with the tractor and haul my B7800 in it. Trailer pulls nice, dump angle not quite what I would like though. Fit and finish on wiring and welding not the best it could be. If I had it to do over again, I would check out Sure-trac, or a company out of Minnesota that has a real nice looking unit but can't remember the name right now. Heavy Machinery Sales in Mosinee is a dealer. I went with dual ram but would consider a scissors type for more of a dump angle. 45 degrees or better helps a lot.

/ My tractors helped me out today #5  
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? If so what psi was the pump putting out? It sounds like the lift pump quit. The new replacement pumps are an in-tank version and have been much more reliable, and there are also aftermarket choices that are very reliable and have added filters if you wanted.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? If so what psi was the pump putting out? It sounds like the lift pump quit. The new replacement pumps are an in-tank version and have been much more reliable, and there are also aftermarket choices that are very reliable and have added filters if you wanted.
Hard to check the pressure when the pump don't run. This pump replaced the factory original in an emergency situation with the improved out of tank version. Definitely going in tank this time. Much better for towing I have been told. Just have to get it all lined up. Thanx for the advice.:thumbsup:

/ My tractors helped me out today #7  
You'll be hard pressed to find a better dump trailer than Behnke.
Behnke Enterprises home page

Just an update on the pump, going with a "Raptor" 100GPH variable pressure kit. No need for the in tank since I found this. And if it ever quits it will be much easier to replace, but with a 15000-16000 hour life that equates to over 800,000 miles @ 55MPH.:D About the same money as the in tank kit, easier install.