Ford 1700 Unknown knob

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob #1  

kinglouie63

On my 1700 if you were sitting on the operators seat and look between your legs (insert comment here). There is a adjusting knob. It is mounted on the vertical and the top of it faces forward. it looks a little like a relief valve adj, in that it is twisted and turns a threaded rod about 3/8" or so. Any ideas what it does? Mine is set up and if I don't need it I'll leave it alone for a while.
Thanks Louie

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob #2  
It may be the same thing on my Kubota that controls the speed of the 3 point hitch lowering rate.

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob #3  
This knob controls the speed the TPH lowers. If you want it to lower slower tighten the knob.
Bill

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob #4  
I agree with the others.
If everything is working to your satisfaction, I'd suggest you not fiddle with your knob.
BOB

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob #6  
I agree with the others.
If everything is working to your satisfaction, I'd suggest you not fiddle with your knob.
BOB

"Not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent..."

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob #7  
You might go blind too.:laughing:

The only time I slow my 3 pt down is with something borderline too heavy for the tractor. This keeps it from slamming down too hard.

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob #8  
With some difficulty, I managed to resist adding comment on another thread that recommended "always check your nuts". I just prefer to focus on the job at hand and not be distracted while operating the tractor.
BOB

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob
Thanks all, I gather it's a meter out flow controll. I'll not play with any knobs..... thats rhe Mrs. end of things

/ Ford 1700 Unknown knob #10  
Technically, it sounds like it's probably the rockshaft control valve? I adjust mine as needed, depending on the weight of the implement or which one I'm using. For a bushhog, you want it to drop fairly slow so you don't break the tailwheel yoke. For a BB, you want to drop faster since it can take the abuse of hitting the ground fairly hard. Other implements are probably somewhere in between.