starting out

/ starting out #1  

WeDoYourGrassRight

i have a tractor and bush hog i live in florida and was thinking of starting my own buisness i have trucks trailers and a tractor to start with. im looking on how to git started for pricing service and how to git the word out any ideas would help a lot thanks.

/ starting out
i just started today so i have no idea im just going throw and looking around

/ starting out #3  
For advertising, use Craigslist (since it's free) and a local community news (most are low cost and mostly advertisements).
As far as pricing, I can't help you but I'm sure others will chime in.
Just don't over extend yourself. If you have a CUT and a 6' cutter, don't bid on a 20 acre field. You'll probably loose your butt on a deal lke that.
Probably be worth posting info about your tractor and cutter (HP, size, etc.).

/ starting out
ya because i was doing a friends 5acres at coust but 5 to 10 acres i could handle but is it better to charge by hour or job type, because im only a one man team i want to expand but i want to have clients befor i start spending money

/ starting out #5  
Ditto what Roy said. I would go with a minimum Flat rate for small Lot type jobs + hauling charge. The bigger jobs are going to depend on how much competition you have in the area you are servicing and the value you put on your time. You will know for sure after 3 or 4 jobs. There are several threads on this forum about pricing. Try doing a search. Ken Sweet

/ starting out
because i have a kioti with a bucket on the front and a flat bed that can hold it also i have a dump trailer and a scraper its not a top of the line one, so i can do multiple jobs and also what a good distness to travil so im not going to far out of my way

/ starting out #7  
Well, first maybe look into registering a company name, then look into insurance, and then think about the whole thing and lay out a business plan.:D

/ starting out #8  
because i have a kioti with a bucket on the front and a flat bed that can hold it also i have a dump trailer and a scraper its not a top of the line one, so i can do multiple jobs and also what a good distness to travil so im not going to far out of my way

Please don't take offense, but use spell check before you post.
If and when you advertise, ensure someone proofs your advertising.
Although not related to the actual work, your customers may be put off...and that initial contact (be it the advertisement or in person) counts...a lot.

Good luck...

/ starting out #9  
and no matter what be careful if you post any pictures on your ad...

the type of hat you wear could scare people off too! :D

no offense to anyone we all know and lover on here of course..

Just Kidding Roy!

J