Tractor Fogger?

/ Tractor Fogger? #11  
That A1 Mist sprayer is exactly what the doctor ordered, it will pull double duty in the orchard as well.

Yes it's quite versatile. You can put out weed killer, liquid fertilizer, pesticides, or who knows what else. It also allows you to run the blower without the liquid, which is GREAT for blowing off the driveway. Works OK to blow out the barn/shed, but just be carefull everything is secured first! I thinking it will make raking leaves a thing of the past..:D. Oh yeah, it makes short work of cleaning off a 15' Bush Hog as well.

My parents found mold under their house. I am thinking of making up a chlorox solution and using the Stihl mister to spray under their house.

/ Tractor Fogger? #12  
Dad used a Blitz fogger when I was kid. Hooked to the muffle of the push mower and pushed it around the yard. Seemed to work ok, but eventually the county started spraying. If you were having a party they would come to your house and spay just your place.

Wedge

/ Tractor Fogger? #13  
You can't thermo fog with a diesel exhaust system. A gasoline exhaust runs hot enough to do it, use to make those foggers...

You have to use a lot of chemical to be effective using a thermal distribution, the heat destroys the largest percent.
The ULV systems delivers all the chemical with no loss so you can use a lot less.

I have a couple systems that use a small 2 cycle engine belt driven super charger... They work GREAT. KennyV

/ Tractor Fogger? #14  
I cobbled this together one afternoon a couple of years ago, and it works pretty well. I had a piece of rectangular tubing, so I welded the ends shut and put a pipe bung on the top for filling. A piece of tubing welded into the side down low is used as an attachment point for the rubber tubing from the tank to the valve. One of the handlebar bolts was removed from the mower and welded onto the side of the home-brewed tank to mount it.

I drilled a hole into the top of the muffler and welded in a pipe nipple with an elbow and small ball valve. The engine only needs to be run for a minute or so to get the exhaust hot enough, then the ball valve can be opened to control the flow. I used long enough nipples so the exhaust heat wouldn't bake the ball valve internals.

It works best to fog with a setup like this when it's completely calm. The fog then comes straight out the exhaust and hangs just above the ground for a few minutes. A pass or two along the ditches and perimeter trees keeps the mosquitos under control for a few hours.

Nope, it's not as "nice" as a commercially-available unit....but it does the job. It was also a *dirt-cheap-with-stuff-from-the-junk-drawer* build, so it was worth it.

Plus, I used to get a kick out of the ads in my Dad's 60's and 70's issues of Popular Mechanics magazine. There used to be several companies that sold kits like this for homeowners to install on their mowers.

Here's a clip of mine running. No insecticide here, just a little old diesel fuel, (for demo purposes), that I didn't want to run in any engine because it had some moisture and sediment in it:

YouTube - Redneck DIY insect fogger....

/ Tractor Fogger?
very nice brokenot.

/ Tractor Fogger? #17  
Leaf blower + pump sprayer + duct tape = pretty darn good fogger.