JD 4410

/ JD 4410 #1  

BobK

To all 4410 owners: please check your right front tire and rim to see if your rim is eating into your alxe housing where your ty rod end hooks to your wheel. mine is it has a ridge worn into the housing about 1/8th -- to 1/4" deep. I checked one sitting at a dealership it also has it. the rim actually is eating into the housing.

Also there has been a lot of people asking me how my new 4410 does. Here is the real scoop ... I donot have my tires loaded, have oversized tires, have the ehydro... I pull a 2-14 bottom 3 point plow. can pull a sub soiler with 3 shanks at about 14 to 16 " deep.... (it has to work at it but it did not have any weights on and the loader was off I feel it would have handled it just fine with weights or bucket of dirt ) I also have a ford 8n the 4410 will runs circles around it for pulling power

/ JD 4410 #2  
Bob
I checked the front RH wheel on my 4310 it is rubbing on the tire I can see there will be a problem. My wheels are set in the narrow spacing if I swapped wheels side to side they look like they would clear. Tractor has 25x8.50-14 R4 on front. I am away from work untill monday but will put in a case with the factory to see if they know about problem will let you know.
KGO

/ JD 4410 #3  
JUST CURIOUS: what did the dealer say about the rubbing? seems as if it is happening to yours and one on the lot it must be a common problem?

/ JD 4410
They are standing behind it 100 % I just have make time to get it back in to them.. (I have an awful time giving up my tractor it's what I cann't wait to get out of work for....my 4410 is the best investment I have made in years..) I will keep you posted... hopefully can get it in this week yet. appears to be the rim is at fault the center hubs that are welded are not centered.

/ JD 4410
well finally gave up my 4410 for a couple of days. as we expected the rims were welded out of center. JD replaced both front rims with new ones, they also said that they were redesigned I have plenty of clearance now.