Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast

/ Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast #41  
I had someone give me a bucket scraper. I'm thinking I could fill it with something to use as a ballast.

/ Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast #42  
This is what I used
DSC01322.JPGDSC01330.JPG

/ Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast #43  
Looks pretty sweet.
What's in that puppy ?

/ Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast #44  
Just water. I don't use the loader in the winter so I can empty it and store it till next summer.

/ Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast #45  
Just water. I don't use the loader in the winter so I can empty it and store it till next summer.

Nice job. Bet it'll carry a beer keg just fine, too.

/ Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast #46  
If all four (4 )tires have water in them is this not ok.What is the proper procedure to put water in the tires,they are turf tires

Not sure about down south there, but up north here we do not use water in the tires. Water and metal do not mix and the rims will rust out over time. Some use antifreeze, rim guard or windshield washer fluid. There are several forums about filled tires.

/ Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast #47  
I've only had my tractor for a few weeks and decided to start with the ballast box filled with concrete. I like the idea that I cal take the weight off when I mow. If I need more weight, I'll get the tires filled. It's been good so far...

image-3173830598.jpg

/ Rear Ballast Gentlemen, Rear Ballast #48  
If all four (4 )tires have water in them is this not ok.What is the proper procedure to put water in the tires,they are turf tires

Liquid ballast (OBVIOUSLY) displaces air and is less easily compressible, e.g. when you hit bumps fluid filled tires don't absorb the shock as well.
GENERALLY front axles aren't built tough enough to take the harsher pounding that filled tires give - though a 40% fill may work OK in some/many cases.

RTFM, if it says NO then go with that - whatever it says go with that, our "wisdom" here is suspect at best (-: