How a day turns around

/ How a day turns around #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
Went to mow for a customer this morning and ended up in the back of a barn looking at a MF 165 with allied loader and 3pt , Clutch gone ,Power steering finnished and 14'500hrs on the clock .
He was going to scrap it . I gave him $300 and after an hour or two tinkering managed to drive it the 3 miles home . I think one of my fordson majors are now for sale and i have a new toy to play with this winter!
Today was a good day ..!

/ How a day turns around #4  
Like they say.."All about timing" ;)..looking forward to some pics.

/ How a day turns around #5  
I ain't believing nothing without pics. :laughing::laughing:

/ How a day turns around #6  
How did you drive it without the clutch????

/ How a day turns around #8  
How did you drive it without the clutch????

Probably started in a higher gear (once towed out of the barn). Not much need to shift after that. Once home, throttle down and pull it into neutral.

You just know D7E is one of those manly type, gear shiftin', bear wasslin' men...most of us gear guys are...

/ How a day turns around #9  
those manly type, gear shiftin', bear wasslin' men...most of us gear guys are...

hmmmm... I know I have heard some tall stories on here before....
but Roy---- that has to take the cake, the baker and the oven too!!!!

:laughing:

But I still want to see the pictures!!!

J

Last edited:
   / How a day turns around #10  
Drove a 72 chev pickup for 2 weeks sans clutch just cause the weather was bad (no garage).