clutch pedal question

/ clutch pedal question #1  

MF1652

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 John Deere 3039R
Help me out. What is the purpose of the mechanism to lock the clutch pedal in the down position? The two newer tractors I've had, both have this swinging bar below the clutch pedal to lock it down. Is it for storage purposes or when a tractor is not in use for a while? My tractor never sits long. It gets used at least three or more times a week.

/ clutch pedal question #2  
It is for long term storage so that the clutch plates do not rust together and then not release.

/ clutch pedal question
It is for long term storage so that the clutch plates do not rust together and then not release.

Thanks. Makes perfect sense.

/ clutch pedal question #4  
My 1510 manual said to "Place pedal spacer between clutch pedal and step plate to separate clutch disc from flywheel." According to the pictures, the pedal spacer was just a block of wood with various warning stickers and a screw eye with hanging loop attached. :thumbsup:

Funny how in 1985, Ford could make locking parking brakes, but not a locking clutch pedal. :confused2:

/ clutch pedal question #5  
My 1510 manual said to "Place pedal spacer between clutch pedal and step plate to separate clutch disc from flywheel." According to the pictures, the pedal spacer was just a block of wood with various warning stickers and a screw eye with hanging loop attached. :thumbsup:

Funny how in 1985, Ford could make locking parking brakes, but not a locking clutch pedal. :confused2:

heck.. in 47 they made locking brake pawls.. :)

soundguy