Noise Canceling earphones

/ Noise Canceling earphones #1  

buck12

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota 5460HSTC
Does anyone use noise canceling earphones with an ipod or MP3 player when operating a tractor or lawnmower? I would like to be able listen to the tunes on my iphone when mowing grass. I doubt I would use it with the tractor since I like to hear the diesel. I have looked at the noise canceling earphones (they are pricey) and I have also considered using the ear buds with hearing protection earphones over the era buds. Any experiences would be appreciated.

/ Noise Canceling earphones #3  
I have a pair of Yardphones. They are sweet! I use them anytime I running the lawnmower, the 2305 or anything with a motor that I won't be able to hear over anyway. Has to be better for your ears and you can listen to the game.:thumbsup:

I contacted 3M several months ago and asked them if they were developing some that had bluetooth, they emailed me back and said that they had them available in Europe but they were not in the states yet. There are products on the market that you can plug into a 3.5mm jack and do bluetooth that way.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200356514_200356514

/ Noise Canceling earphones #4  
Also if you have music stored on your phone you can listen to music that way. And you won't miss a call for supper time.

/ Noise Canceling earphones #6  
I like to be able to hear what is going on with my equipment, so I don't wear anything though I probably should.

/ Noise Canceling earphones #7  
I like to be able to hear what is going on with my equipment, so I don't wear anything though I probably should.

I have to wear some type of hearing protection. My ears already have a constant ringing and its really bad after a day in the field without protection.

/ Noise Canceling earphones #8  
I have to wear some type of hearing protection. My ears already have a constant ringing and its really bad after a day in the field without protection.

Yeah, I probably should as I tell all my kids to. I pretty much ruined my ears riding motorcycles without ear protection and shooting handguns.

/ Noise Canceling earphones #10  
I have a pair of Bose QC3 headphones that I use sometimes when I'm cutting grass. The only problem is sometimes when I'm "jamming" I notice that I've got the volume up too loud.... I also have a set of noise isolation ear buds from Sony that I prefer, because the headphones are just too hot.