ag tyres

/ ag tyres #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi, First time here. I am thinking about changing from ag tyres to turf tyres on my daedong(kioti) DK50 FWA. The ag tyres are chopping up and making gutters in the sand going over the hills in my citrus orchard. Does any one have any thoughts about this change, i am concerned about loosing traction.

vin

/ ag tyres #2  
I have turf tires on my small Deere. I had a choice from the dealer when I bought the tractor for any type I desired. The dealer recommended turf and I am glad he did. I do lose some traction for ground engaging implements but I think that is a small tradeoff for not ruining my yard with ag tires. FWD with turf tires has plenty of traction for snow too. I say go for the turfs, you won't be disappointed.

/ ag tyres #3  
ag tires are perfect for snow or mud and since i suspect snow blizzards are a rare and unwelcome occurence in a citrus orchard/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif ,all you need to worry about is mud and steep inclines, if those are not a problem in your case then you could switch to turf without any worries. PTOnline

/ ag tyres
Definatly no mud here, pure red desert sand perhaps best described as sand dunes but under irigation.

vin

/ ag tyres #5  
hey Daedong dont you think its either funny or ironic that a tractor owner fom the frozen tundra(Quebec,Canada) should give advise on tires to you, a citrus farmer in a desertic tropical location? /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif turf tires sound like a perfect fit in your situation but be aware youre gonna have to change rims too . PTOnline

/ ag tyres #8  
turf tires are much wider and profiled higher but surely you will be able to trade in your old tires and rims. PTOnline