Washing your tractor

/ Washing your tractor #11  
We've been down this road before here on TBN. Once a week for me. I cant' wait till bpfick sees this thread. He's more **** retentive than even me. :D :D :D

MT

Nah. I just hose off the big stuff. I have not really waxed it yet, and it's a year old. Probably would do it some good though. I do like to keep stuff well, though.

It is funny how some guys here at TBN contend that they treat their own tractor rather like the smelly dog, yet love finding used tractors that are sharp, clean and kept. I think most folks like getting a well cared for tractor when they go used shopping.

/ Washing your tractor #12  
I can't remember ever hand washing a tractor in my life. I might leave it out in the rain if it is dusty or hose it off for visibility out of the cab.

I don't have livestock any more or use any in the mud due to highly erodible soil. Now my son has borrowed tractors and got them muddy, so I made him wash them, but that doesn't count.

/ Washing your tractor #13  
I can't remember ever hand washing a tractor in my life. I might leave it out in the rain if it is dusty or hose it off for visibility out of the cab.

I don't have livestock any more or use any in the mud due to highly erodible soil. Now my son has borrowed tractors and got them muddy, so I made him wash them, but that doesn't count.

I look at it similarly, mostly operate when coditions are good because I learned long ago that operating in muddy conditions makes a big mess out of the property. If it is too wet such as today after 3 days of rain the equipment will remain parked.

I rinse off as needed and there is no real time frame to fit this. Try to keep the tractor clean enough to perform maintenance and wax it in the early spring when and if I have the time.

/ Washing your tractor #14  
I blow mine off with air after chipping/shredding and bush hogging. Usually about once/year, I'll wash the engine off with detergent and water, generally before changing the oil/filter in the fall.

About once/year, it gets a wax job, generally after the good water wash off.

Ralph

/ Washing your tractor #15  
I've washed mine a few times, probably 14-16 in two years. Use a pressure washer and a bit of manual labor to keep it looking decent. This fall the plan is to do a really good clean up and get some wax on it. It has been parked undercover since new, one of those portable garages and on a gravel floor. Has 244 hours on it now.

/ Washing your tractor #16  
I wash mine when it is dirty feel it is part of propoer maintenance, this way I can give it a looking over to see if anything is out of place. I also touch up the paint every year.

/ Washing your tractor #17  
Mine gets washed every time it rains.. The harder it storms, the better the wash job. :D :D

Wedge

/ Washing your tractor #18  
Mine is kept at our cabin property and before this past year, we had no well. Soooo, I had to drive it 5 miles into town and go to the spray wash. :p Probably did that at least 10 times in the first 2 years I owned it. Now I wash it way more often. Just like a car, seems to just run better clean. :D

/ Washing your tractor #19  
Rain does most of it for me. :D

I did pressure wash it a few weeks ago after working in the pond, but that was so I could better grease it.

/ Washing your tractor #20  
I never have washed my NH1520. But this year I was moving mud, water and everything else to get water off my property. Decided to powerwash the mud off so I could grease it (Iam **** about grease). good thing cuz I discovered that my son got about 30 feet of barbed wire wrapped around the axle. That was sure fun to remove. Maybe I will wash more often in the future. unfortunaately I can see the dents more when it is washed.:D:D