What have you done with your tractor?

/ What have you done with your tractor?
Some of the steel work on my new house.

That's impressive! What kind of house are you building? Brings back memories of building mine.

Rob

/ What have you done with your tractor? #23  
Gordon,

Thanks. Just two pieces of 1 1/4" pipe sitting against the back of the bucket, guyed with chains and bolted together at the top with a hook. The chains go through two D rings and are held together with a binder. This will lift anything the tractor can.

Rob,

I bought a steel building and roof. But it will be finished out as a two bedroom, two bath house and four car garage/shop with solar and radiant heating throughout. The rear concrete area is a covered porch. It's a fun project but slow going. The roof framing and sheathing goe on next week! Thanks for the comment.

Here are a some more pix.

Attachments

• DSC00373.JPG
    DSC00373.JPG
    865 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    895.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00321.JPG
    DSC00321.JPG
    902.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC09658.JPG
    DSC09658.JPG
    905.6 KB · Views: 125
   / What have you done with your tractor? #24  
Since my tractor is mostly 'hobby' and fun I have used it for:
snow plowing
gravel spreading & grading of the driveway
brush clearing of part of woods
chipping
trenching for underground wiring

This week I will bring it to a small commercial building I own where 'neighbors' have left large pieces of furniture & mattresses by my dumpster. The dumpster is way to high to try to manually lift this crap into it, so with a set of Bradco forks I expect to clean everything up.

/ What have you done with your tractor? #25  
I've used my tractor(s) in just about every conceivable manner since I got them.
It might be easier for me to list what I haven't used the tractors for. On second thought, that list would be just as long.:) Seriously though, they have been work horses. I would never have completed some of the projects like some of you guys did without the tractor. I couldn't imagine how hard that must have been!
Rob-

/ What have you done with your tractor? #26  
Just from what quickly comes to mind:Bushhogging,plowing,PHD use,pulling disc harrows,running seed/spreader,boxblade work,dirt spreading,tearing down-out small trees,moving, loading equipment under about 850lb's on trucks/trailers,pulled neighbors smaller tractor out from a steep wet ditch,rear blade work.Like most on here the list goes on and on.
Boone

/ What have you done with your tractor? #27  
"What I have done WRONG with my tractor" is, put too much trust in the go-kart style parking brake.

Attachments

• Mower 112.jpg
    Mower 112.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 264