Skid Plates/Belly Pans Anyone?

/ Skid Plates/Belly Pans Anyone? #21  
Bill
Nice design and installation. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
I’m thinking about making one for my 2910. Going to have to check and see if plate will interferes with the MMM mounting arms.

/ Skid Plates/Belly Pans Anyone? #22  
Looks good Bill. Let me know when you get the prototype finished, and we can start working on the final gaurd.

/ Skid Plates/Belly Pans Anyone? #23  
Regarding materials for skid plates/belly pans: heavy weight aluminum grid or steel grid. Similar to the material used over entry ways at ski chalets. Should allow adequate dirt & water drainage. Small enough grid should prevent penetration by most objects.

/ Skid Plates/Belly Pans Anyone? #24  
JUST READ YOUR POST TODAY. I MADE UP A SKID PLATE FOR MY BX2200 THAT ATTACHES TO THE MOWER FRAME FRONT/REAR MOUNTS.
I USED A CARDBOARD TEMPLET TO FIQURE OUT WHAT I NEEDED TO PROTECT, AND WHAT ROOM I NEEDED TO ALLOW FOR THE FRONT TIRE CRAMP ANGLE.
AT THE END OF THE REAR MOWER MOUNT, I HINGED A SECOND SKID PLATE TO PROTECT THE REAR AXLE/LINKAGES.
I USED 3/16" STEEL PLATE AND 1/2" REBAR FOR ATTACHING TO THE MOWER MOUNTS.
WHEN I CAN BORROW A DIGITAL CAMERA, I'LL POST PICTURES.
AFTER THE FIRST USE OF MY NEW BRUSH HOG THIS SPRING, IT WAS CLEAR THAT SOME PROTECTION UNDERNEATH WAS NEEDED FOR THAT TASK.

ONCE YOU BUY A COMPACT TRACTOR, THE ONE "IMPLEMENT" YOU REALLY NEED IS A WELDER.
(OR A FRIEND WITH ONE).

WALT

/ Skid Plates/Belly Pans Anyone? #25  
Post a picture of your pan if you can. I'm going to do the same thing on my BX and any ideas will be a big help.

/ Skid Plates/Belly Pans Anyone? #26  
I am mentally engineering mine now. i have figured out where to mount it now i just have to start. i run my L3000dt through alot of stuff while mowing and NEED one. maybe i'll post a picture when i am done . but i have to finish my expanded metal cage first.