Tires lug nuts

/ lug nuts #1  

tomp1

Tractor
kubota L295DT
I have a kubota L295DT and i just got it and would like to know if any one can tell me what way to turn the back wheel lug nuts are they left or right hand thread thank you Tom Putnam could any one with an answer email it to me at tputnam@usa.com once i log off here i can never find my question again or the answer thanks

Last edited:
   / lug nuts #2  
Welcome to TBN.
"once i log off here i can never find my question again"

Try search..type in your name or question.

/ lug nuts #3  
I have a kubota L295DT and i just got it and would like to know if any one can tell me what way to turn the back wheel lug nuts are they left or right hand thread thank you Tom Putnam could any one with an answer email it to me at tputnam@usa.com once i log off here i can never find my question again or the answer thanks

If there is any thread left to examine- a flashlight will help you see the threads and the angle of the pitch.

they should both be right hand thread as the axles are american made

not like the old army trucks with left hand thread on the left side and right hand thread on the right side-it saved a lot of wheels and studs that way though.

Yyou can set up your preferences to notify you of responses to yoor questions and comments TomP, and you can click on your name and go to the statistics tab and click on the posts or threads tab to find them also.

/ lug nuts #4  
Usually a lug with left hand threads will have an L stamped on the center of the lug bolt. Mixed applications have an R for right hand threads, L for left hand threads.

/ lug nuts #5  
I have seen the left hand lug bolts. but I don't think ( I ) have ever seen left handed lug nuts. Not saying there not there just that I have not seen them

/ lug nuts #7  
They are right hand thread, and probably have 160 ft lbs of torque on them. Eat your wheaties and use a flex handle, maybe with a pipe. Unless you're built like a gorilla, a ratchet ain't going to cut it.

Sean

/ lug nuts #10  
Thanks Jim and KennyV that's what I wanted to hear. I know some Jeep pickup's in the early 50s had right and Left hand lug bolts.