Can anyone help me identify this Tractor?

/ Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #1  

sstiles50

Tractor
unknown
Hello, I recently purchased this tractor as a project but I can find no markings or numbers on it to tell me the make and model. It is getting water in the oil as soon as I pour it into the radiator it runs into the block. That is why it is torn apart as I was hoping to find a blown freeze plug. No luck there. So if anyone has any knowledge of the make and model I would appreciate any help. It is a 2 cyl diesel and yes whoever had it before painted everything silver except the hood and fenders. Also it is 12v system and the battery mounts on the very front of the engine. Thanks

Attachments

• Home 069.jpg
    Home 069.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Home 117.jpg
    Home 117.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Home 118.jpg
    Home 118.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Home 070.jpg
    Home 070.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
   / Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #2  
Maybe a Belarus, Russian made.

/ Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #3  
Yep, a picture of the "before" would probably have helped. I would guess a Belarus too, although I thought the rims on them were typically a beige color? Certainly someone could have repainted them in silver. Looks like a 2cyl diesel engine? Good luck repairing it.

/ Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #4  
You are right. I also think everything else was painted the same color as the fenders and such. The silver on the wheels "looks" recent. A pic of the front axle would help too.

/ Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #5  
starter and alternator look like delco-remy

/ Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #6  
Looks like a 2 cyl engine. I don't think Belarus made a 2 cylinder engine that was water cooled. Where is the battery located? Most older Belarus' have two 6 volt batteries mounted where it appears in the picture to be a fuel tank. I believe the Belarus mount the fuel tank toward the front on the engine. I could be wrong though. Also, the hydraulic tank on a Belarus in usually located under the seat.

/ Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #7  
Looks awfully Chinese to me.

Benye Tractor made some small 2-cyl jobs.......224, 250, etc. Tractor - JM-250(2WD) - China Agricultural Machinery, tractor, four wheel tractor in Tractor

Of course, with these little Chinese sourced units you never can always know what color paint, brand, or factory it came from since they seem to cross-vend so often. Also, somewhat old Soviet Union style, different factories seem to produce the same basic design and simply put a different name on it.

/ Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #8  
:p Red, definitely red. Broken also.

A broken red tractor...

Last edited:
   / Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #9  
[smart aleck]The seat appears to be a Toro :D [/smart aleck]

/ Can anyone help me identify this Tractor? #10  
Its not a belarus, definitely, but I'd suspect its a taishan or other chinese tractor. The 4wd tube looks like shenniu, but I am not sure, a lot of them interchanged with parts on the early chinese.