Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    unknown

Default Can anyone help me identify this Tractor?

Hello, I recently purchased this tractor as a project but I can find no markings or numbers on it to tell me the make and model. It is getting water in the oil as soon as I pour it into the radiator it runs into the block. That is why it is torn apart as I was hoping to find a blown freeze plug. No luck there. So if anyone has any knowledge of the make and model I would appreciate any help. It is a 2 cyl diesel and yes whoever had it before painted everything silver except the hood and fenders. Also it is 12v system and the battery mounts on the very front of the engine. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can anyone help me identify this Tractor?-home-069.jpg   Can anyone help me identify this Tractor?-home-117.jpg   Can anyone help me identify this Tractor?-home-118.jpg   Can anyone help me identify this Tractor?-home-070.jpg  
    Last edited by sstiles50; 08-01-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: need to attach pics

Tractor
    2010 GC2610

Default Re: Can anyone help me identify this Tractor?

Maybe a Belarus, Russian made.
    2010 MF GC2610--MF60"MMM--King Kutter XB 4' rotary cutter-- 4' King Kutter XB boxblade-- Ratchet Rake-- Check that parking brake

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Yep, a picture of the "before" would probably have helped. I would guess a Belarus too, although I thought the rims on them were typically a beige color? Certainly someone could have repainted them in silver. Looks like a 2cyl diesel engine? Good luck repairing it.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Tractor
    2010 GC2610

You are right. I also think everything else was painted the same color as the fenders and such. The silver on the wheels "looks" recent. A pic of the front axle would help too.
    2010 MF GC2610--MF60"MMM--King Kutter XB 4' rotary cutter-- 4' King Kutter XB boxblade-- Ratchet Rake-- Check that parking brake

Tractor
    GC2410 May 4/10, mf10 (2)

starter and alternator look like delco-remy
    2009 mf gc2410
    1970 mf10 power wheel barrow
    1968 mf10 riding mower

__________________________________________________ ______________

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D, Belarus 255AS

Looks like a 2 cyl engine. I don't think Belarus made a 2 cylinder engine that was water cooled. Where is the battery located? Most older Belarus' have two 6 volt batteries mounted where it appears in the picture to be a fuel tank. I believe the Belarus mount the fuel tank toward the front on the engine. I could be wrong though. Also, the hydraulic tank on a Belarus in usually located under the seat.
    Yanmar 1500D, Cub Cadet 1054, JD 935

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    '51 ford 8N

Looks awfully Chinese to me.

Benye Tractor made some small 2-cyl jobs.......224, 250, etc. Tractor - JM-250(2WD) - China Agricultural Machinery, tractor, four wheel tractor in Tractor

Of course, with these little Chinese sourced units you never can always know what color paint, brand, or factory it came from since they seem to cross-vend so often. Also, somewhat old Soviet Union style, different factories seem to produce the same basic design and simply put a different name on it.

Veteran Member

Red, definitely red. Broken also.

A broken red tractor...
    Last edited by hawkeye08; 08-02-2010 at 04:14 AM. Reason: needed to add emoticons

[smart aleck]The seat appears to be a Toro [/smart aleck]
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Its not a belarus, definitely, but I'd suspect its a taishan or other chinese tractor. The 4wd tube looks like shenniu, but I am not sure, a lot of them interchanged with parts on the early chinese.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/

Need a welder? Give me a call at (877) 755-9353 ext 204!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast