Tractor
2010 Kubota L3700SU
Greetings Learned Forum:

I promised I would post some pics of my new tooth bar. Here they are:

View attachment 173192

View attachment 173193

Vuk insisted on overseeing the installation:

View attachment 173194

My first real project is taking out some trees so that I have enough space to build a shed for the tractor. Three trees needed to come out, roots and all. Here is the spot:

View attachment 173195

I worked at it all day yesterday. I'm pretty new to this, and there is no way I am efficient yet. But still. A back hoe or mini excavator would have made the project way easier. The roots were all entangled around some pretty big buried rocks. Here was the biggest one that I was able to dig out and move out of the way:

View attachment 173196

I was psyched when the first tree came out:

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

The last two have their roots entwined together, so I had to work at them as a unit. I gave up around 5 PM. The Bud Light was calling. They're still in the ground, but awfully lose. I figure another hour or two after work will get them out.

I am convinced that, without the tooth bar, there is no way I could have done this. Which may not be a bad thing, because I probably would have been forced to rent the proper equipment. Oh well, she is my Jack of all Trades. We are just getting to know each other.

Take care all.

Nick

/ Tooth Bar vs. Trees
I give up!

/ Tooth Bar vs. Trees #4  
Those rocks look familiar! I could have guessed you were in NH just by the pics! :laughing:

Pushing the tree over is certainly easier than pulling the stump after wards. Nice Job! :thumbsup:

/ Tooth Bar vs. Trees #5  
Hi Nick, looks just like the mess I cleaned up to build my storage building. I did it with a little B7500, If I had the L3400 I could of done it twice as fast:)
Have fun and be safe. Oh I have gotten into a little poison ivy, Not bad, but just annoying..:laughing: I know what it looks like, I just picked up some rocks near the PI, and cradled them on my arm. Oh well. hope you are enjoying the L3700SU
James K0UA

/ Tooth Bar vs. Trees #6  
Nick I'm going to guess you might be breaking the size limit on the pictures, thats why they aren't working? Just guess though.

You think a tooth bar is fun.. You need to save your pennys and get grapple. I'm been "popping" trees with mine. I think the biggest was about 8". I really need to get a smaller camera to keep handy to get photos.

Wedge

Last edited:
   / Tooth Bar vs. Trees #7  
Good start on next year firewood. ;)
We sure grow some good rocks here in NH.

/ Tooth Bar vs. Trees #8  
The drier the ground is the harder to dig out trees. I got dug up my first trees while we were in a drought. When the rain came back, the trees were alot easier to remove. JC

/ Tooth Bar vs. Trees
Thanks for the replies. I think there is a way to adjust my camera to take pics with fewer pixels, so I will try that for next time. Interesting idea about the moisture of the soil, JC. We are due for a couple of days of rain here in NH (to wash off all of our rocks :D). I will go for it again once it dries out a bit. Those last two trees are laughing at me whenever I walk by. They'll get theirs yet...

Nick

/ Tooth Bar vs. Trees #10  
Thanks for the replies. I think there is a way to adjust my camera to take pics with fewer pixels, so I will try that for next time. Interesting idea about the moisture of the soil, JC. We are due for a couple of days of rain here in NH (to wash off all of our rocks :D). I will go for it again once it dries out a bit. Those last two trees are laughing at me whenever I walk by. They'll get theirs yet...

Nick

Open a photobucket account, and upload the pictures there. Photobucket automatically resizes the pictures, and gives you the IMG url so that you can paste the HTML code right into your post. It is very easy.

www.photobucket.com

Last edited: