FEL use help please!

/ FEL use help please! #1  

MLB

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33D
Gonna be moving 50 yards of topsoil with my NH TC33(4wd) for a job next week. Tight quarters, slight slope in the newly fenced in yard (in ground pool install). Will I need to keep my box blade on the back for balast or could I take it off? Will be going very slow the whole time.

/ FEL use help please! #2  
Your best bet is to keep some weight on the back. Even if your rear wheels are filled, you would be hard pressed to be able to fill your bucket more than half way without a counterweight.

I do that type of close work every once in a while so I made a 600# concrete weight for the 3pt hitch. It is not as wide as a box blade so it doesn't hamper my maneauverability as much.

/ FEL use help please! #3  
If you decide to remove your box blade,try backing down the slope slowly when loaded...or take 2/3 or so of a bucket and go forward..may take a little longer but better dinging the new fence etc..

/ FEL use help please! #4  
Ditto on the weight, carry the load low and avoid sharp turns - especially with the bucket filled...................chim

/ FEL use help please! #5  
If you are loading from a pile there shouldn't be any problem with the box blade removed. If the clearance is critical fill a couple of buckets with gravel and tie them into the three point hitch.
How steep is the slope involved?

Egon

/ FEL use help please! #6  
See the thread "Keeping the counter weight on".

Also remember, that when the rears are light on the ground, your brakes are that much more useless.