5' Box Scraper with JD4110

/ 5' Box Scraper with JD4110 #1  

mthiel

Tractor
JD 4110
5\' Box Scraper with JD4110

I am looking to purchase a King Kutter 5' Box Scraper to use with my JD4110. Is the JD4110 able to handle this size of box? Anyone have experience with this?

/ 5' Box Scraper with JD4110 #2  
Re: 5\' Box Scraper with JD4110

I have a jd4100 HST and use a 5' box blade. I have not had any trouble with it but you will find that if you load the box blade up the tractor will feel the load. I scrape several gravel roads with it and have used it with the teeth down to clear wooded areas with no problem. You want a box blade that does extend past the rear wheels for a clean path.

/ 5' Box Scraper with JD4110 #3  

I have the same question. Since our 4110's wheel width is about 50 inches, a 4 footer is too small. FC makes a 54 which would be just right. However, I think they are about $550.

/ 5' Box Scraper with JD4110 #4  

Mthiel, my JD4100 uses a 48" box scraper with with ag tires, and loses traction regularly when the box gets full or the scarifiers dig deep. Raising it to lose dirt or to raise the scarifiers restores traction. 48 inches suits me fine, either the ag tires are narrower or I just don't notice tracks. I'm not making roads either. If you're using the scarifiers to break up hard ground (dry clay), you'll have to make several passes and loosen up the soil before you can go too deep. One thing is certain, box scrapers are great implements. Whatever size you get, you'll be happy to have a box. Best of luck.

/ 5' Box Scraper with JD4110 #5  

There's a dealer in Southern Indiana who was advertising First Choice box blades in the 60" width at $285 recently. I don't remember the price on the 54" versions but I'm sure it's less than that and certainly less than $550. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I'm pretty sure you could get a pair of them for that much. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I have a 60" First Choice box blade and love it. The day I got it I actually drove over to my local Tractor Supply when I had it on my trailer to do a side-by-side comparison. Mine was so superior in every way the difference was laughable.

Here's a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=163675&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post163675>link</A> to a thread I started about mine complete with pictures of it showing details of the fit and finish. If you look at those pictures and then look at a King Kutter I'm sure you'll buy the First Choice. It's clearly superior. Good luck with whatever you decide. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 5' Box Scraper with JD4110 #6  

I have a 5' KK box scraper on my JD 4100 HST and it works even better than I had hoped for. In my opinion, a 54" probably would be better suited to that size tractor, but LandPride was the only one available in that size at the time, and was much more money than the KK 5'. Now there's First Choice, and from what everyone here on TBN is saying, it's a fine product. If they make a 54" and the price is decent, that's what I'd go for. Not only that, but they'll paint it JD green, according to their web site! Personally, I wouldn't go below a 54" width. Whatever you decide, the box scraper is a great tool.

By the way, I have R4s that are loaded with SuperFlex, and it doesn't break traction when using the 5' box scraper. But it will make the tractor really work when the box gets fairly full or the scarifiers grab a 4" root. Slow and easy does it!

<font color=green>Duane</font color=green>