Rolled my Tractor and it blew up ???

/ Rolled my Tractor and it blew up ??? #62  
Glad to hear you came out ok Steve. As other posters have said it could have been much worse. It's actually my biggest dread on a tractor - my property is pretty hilly.

This thread has given me a lot to think about - I am going to look into fitting a CO2 extinguisher under the hood with some type of pull string engagement.

Good luck with your insurance!

/ Rolled my Tractor and it blew up ??? #64  
If you are sure that the crankcase vent fed the engine why not go to an industrial supply and get a 12 volt solenoid valve that fits the vent hose and tie it to your key switch,or you cold try a junk yard for a 12v valve that you could use,just make sure that the valve dia.= the hose dia.

/ Rolled my Tractor and it blew up ??? #65  
Quite an ordeal, Steve. Also am glad you are o.k.
I do recall that the submarine rescue vessel I served on in 1962 (U.S.S. Greenlet ASR-10) and was commissioned in the beginnings of WW2 had a co2 injection system to shut down the diesel engine which was done routinely when tying up to our home port dock at Pearl Harbor, HI. We then switched over to shore power for the duration.

/ Rolled my Tractor and it blew up ??? #66  
If I did that.. I'd make 2 cables where either one would work.. because.. say you need to kill her in a runaway situation ( propane, etc.. ) and you have a pto implement on back.. would you want to work back there next to say.. a rototiller with a screaming tractor? not me... :)

soundguy

1st of all, glad to hear that both you and the tractor are Injury Free from the little incident that you had.

Any thoughts YAY or NAY if this would be a feasible Anti-Theft device?????

When you find a source, please PM me the contact information, as I will be interested for Safety as well as a Anti-Theft device.

Thanks

Dan

/ Rolled my Tractor and it blew up ??? #68  
some yanmar have them as well.

soundguy

/ Rolled my Tractor and it blew up ??? #69  
Mine does.

B6100....that's one of the earliest Bs, imported in the mid-to-late
70s, I believe. I did not know any of them had that, and why.

I imagine the Yanmar models that had CR were also from the 70s?

/ Rolled my Tractor and it blew up ??? #70  
glad you are ok and glad your tractor is ok. tough little booger.