Mowing Finish mower tires

/ Finish mower tires #1  

Daryl

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30,, Kubota Bx2360
I have a New holland finish mower with tubeles tires. I seem to spend a lot of time putting the tire back on the rim. It seems anytime I get in rough or uneven terrain the tire comes off the rim. Anyone else have this problem or suggest a way to fix it. The tire has the proper air pressure.

Thanks
daryl

/ Finish mower tires #2  
How about a picture of the tire and attachment on the finish mower (on or off the rim)? Some thoughts come to mind, but I need a better mental picture of your setup. Thanks

/ Finish mower tires #3  
Hi,

Are you SURE it doesn't have a slow leak? Maybe the pressure is dropping as you use it.

Try checking the tire in a tub of water for a pin hole leak, or add some slime...

Just a thought...

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Finish mower tires
I have put slime in the tires, I to thought that might be the problem. It has happened to both the back tires. What seems to be happening is on ground that is not smooth the tire sometimes gets pulled sideways and the "bead" is broken. I have thought about getting solid tires,but did not know if they would be any better.

Thanks
daryl

/ Finish mower tires #5  
Maybe you could try tubes...if you can find a place that sells them in that small size they are pretty cheap.

But if the bead is coming off the rim, for whatever reason, then it might just pinch the tube and the end result would be the same...

Wonder what it would cost to get them foam filled? Probably more than a solid replacement I suppose...

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Finish mower tires #6  
Daryl, I went from solid to tubed tires over 15 years ago and would never go back. I really appreciate the softness they give to the mower's ride and think they reduce the wear and tear on the mower accordingly. I never have had trouble with them leaking, but maybe it's just the tubes doing their job. Have you pumped yours up to the maximum allowable pressure? This might keep the rims sealed better.

/ Finish mower tires #7  
The tires should just spin around and follow your lead. Do they rotate freely 360 degrees on their support shafts? Not the axle shaft, but the shaft that mounts them to the deck. When you lift the deck they should just spin around with very little resistance. If they're stiff, try greasing them up, there should be some zerks on them. if they're still stiff, try removing the shafts clean 'em up real well and regrease. I had one on my 3ph Landpride mower that did that to me a couple of times until I cleaned the shaft with emery paper and regreased. No problems since.

/ Finish mower tires
I grease them every 2 or 3 times I use it. They do turn 360 when lifted. I guess maybe it is one of those things I will have to live with.

Thanks djradz. I have heard lots of negative remarks about solid tires. I guess I can just keep pumping them up.

Thanks
daryl

/ Finish mower tires #9  
We sell a pile of Landpride finish mowers, and sometimes hear this complaint. There are usually two causes. 1. A lack of grease to the wheels' spindle, making it hard to caster.
2. Improper inflation. Landpride recommends 40PSI in its gauge wheels. What is the spec for your NH, and are you using a gauge to check pressure?

/ Finish mower tires #10  
guys, is there general agreement that the solid tires on a finish mower are much less desirable? I dont have one yet but will buy soon. Need imput on the tires, thanks,brett w