Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tractor
    MF 1215

Default Re: How long would it take....

.5 mile = 2640'
    300'/3.75' = 80 laps
    80 X 2640 = 211,200'
    211200 / 5280 = 40 miles
    John Denver said he liked to drive his tractor because it gave him lots of time to think.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

from your original post u said u had 12 acres to mow, you got about 1/2 of it done in about 6 hrs. so that figures out to average 1 acre per hr. actually u done prettly good , if the grass was that high and using a 4 ft cutter. ain't tractoing fun? how does your back feel?[img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img]

When I used to mow about 9 acres of mostly weeds, some chest high, what I used to worry about were the bees. I know there is a bee topic elsewhere, but you've got to be real careful with them. Some areas I had to use low range so it was real tough to fly through an area at such a slow speed. Yikes!!! Also, I found out the hard way that poison ivy was all over the tires, (left a turf design on my arm).

Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST

It is done and so am I..... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The job spanned 2.5 days and I racked up 14.1 hours on the hour meter. As I previously mentioned, got to see lots of nature, ate some weed dust and various multi-legged, multi-winged creatures, and have semi-permanent creases on my butt.... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll chock some of the time up to my inexperience in mowing large fields, patterns and all that stuff. I also had to do a little FEL work to move dead trees from the field's edges and remove logs from groundhog holes in a couple of areas. What brain-dead person decided to stuff a log into a groundhog hole is beyond my comprehension? [img]/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I also happened onto a broken moldboard point. I stopped and got that puppy out of the way. Can't imagine what kind of missle it would have been had I hit it will the rotary cutter.

Regardless, the job is done. And thanks for the information and words of encouragement. It is time to rest those weary bones.... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Terry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12