Fixing up a place for my Tractor

/ Fixing up a place for my Tractor #1  

Gio

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson gc2400
Hi all, I just moved to a new property, bought a tractor (MF 2400) and now I need a place to park it and all the related goodies.

My property has multiple outbuildings all between 70-100 years old. My choices are:

Corn crib: There is an open area down the center about 9ft wide, both ends are open and the the floor is sloping dirt.

Cow Shed: Solid walls and foundation, needs a new tin roof, floor is level hard packed dirt, probably 60X30. On the other end of the property farthest from the house.

Main Barn: Huge, Foundation is crumbling in spots but seems ok, sits way off the ground with stalls underneath.

Grain/Animal barn: Sliding doors on both end, solid ramp up to entrance, Stone foundation with 2ft crawlspace, 10-12 inch beams, center of building has solid flooring where carts/wagons used to come through flanked by three small stalls on each side. Floors in the stall seems shaky but center is solid. Only building with electricity.

My tractor really needs a level firm spot to deal with taking the MMM on and off, plus the FEL. I would like to store all my implements (blade, bush hog, rake, etc) inside as well.

I would appreciate any advice you may have regarding selection/Modifications. I am leaning towards the Grain/Animal barn. I think I would demo all the stalls and make it one open space, I am not sure if the floors would handle the tractor weight so any advice would be helpful.

Thank you in advance!

/ Fixing up a place for my Tractor #2  
Hi all, I just moved to a new property, bought a tractor (MF 2400) and now I need a place to park it and all the related goodies.
My property has multiple outbuildings all between 70-100 years old. My choices are:
Corn crib: There is an open area down the center about 9ft wide, both ends are open and the the floor is sloping dirt.
Cow Shed: Solid walls and foundation, needs a new tin roof, floor is level hard packed dirt, probably 60X30. On the other end of the property farthest from the house.
Main Barn: Huge, Foundation is crumbling in spots but seems ok, sits way off the ground with stalls underneath.
Grain/Animal barn: Sliding doors on both end, solid ramp up to entrance, Stone foundation with 2ft crawlspace, 10-12 inch beams, center of building has solid flooring where carts/wagons used to come through flanked by three small stalls on each side. Floors in the stall seems shaky but center is solid. Only building with electricity.
My tractor really needs a level firm spot to deal with taking the MMM on and off, plus the FEL. I would like to store all my implements (blade, bush hog, rake, etc) inside as well.

I would appreciate any advice you may have regarding selection/Modifications. I am leaning towards the Grain/Animal barn. I think I would demo all the stalls and make it one open space, I am not sure if the floors would handle the tractor weight so any advice would be helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Without seeing how it fits in the various building it will be you who needs to try a couple places.. You'll know which is best after the physical testing.

BTW, I'd be very wary of a very old second story tractor storage spot.

/ Fixing up a place for my Tractor #3  
If it has a FEL and bucket, you can make the slope you want on the dirt floor :D

Or remove the MMM in your garage or wherever it is flat, and carry it with the FEL to the storage spot. Many options.

Good pics of bldgs you are faced with would be helpful.

/ Fixing up a place for my Tractor #4  
Good advice given.
Building you shall pick will it have power..for tinkering etc.

Like the idea of doors at each end..hooking up/unhooking attachments.

/ Fixing up a place for my Tractor #5  
Awful small tractor for such a big place [smile].

/ Fixing up a place for my Tractor #6  
Without seeing them, the Grain/Animal building with electricity and two doors sounds promising. Providing that floor is solid as you say.

/ Fixing up a place for my Tractor #7  
I second the recommendation to go with the building that has electricity. Lights and power can be very useful in a tractor barn. I don't know where you are located, but if you are in a climate that freezes, the power for a block heater becomes especially useful.

The other thing to consider is how close each building is to your house, driveway, etc.