Traction Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST #1  

Spanky100

Silver Member
NE Texas, NE Tennessee, and SE MI and SW OH
Tractor
Current Kioti CK27HST and Cub Cadet 1810. Previous NH1510 Hydro, AC D14, Oliver 1355?, and JD 314 Lawn Tractor
Any one have an estimate (or better yet a load cell, strong chain, and a fixed attachment point to test).

Wondering how much hitch pulling force a Kioti CK30 HST with a FEL, Box blade, and R4s would do on level grass covered ground. The estimated weight would be around 4600 pounds (3100 tractor-tires not loaded + 750 FEL + 550 box blade + 200 operator). Assuming 4WD engaged in low range with slack taken up and easy application of HST pedal (ie not running start or rough power application). Would tractor loose traction or run out of power to drive the wheels? What would happen on dry concrete?

Thanks

Wayne

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST #2  
On grass, it will spin the tires until the axles are sitting on the ground. On pavement or other dry surface with good traction, the HST will hit the pressure relief valve first and just make a whining noise.

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST #3  
Did you have something in mind that you wanted to move/pull? If so, please describe and you're sure to get lots of opinions on the possibility of using a CK30 HST to do it.

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST
Dmace and John Thanks now I will add more to the story.

Dmace kinda what I was thinking based on using a mid 1980 Ford 1520 with no FEL or box blade, turf tires only. IIRC around 2600 pounds with operator. Trying to pull on very sandy soil. Just dug 4 nice holes. Friend with 4WD S type (smaller) Blazer hooked up and pulled with out slipping. Of course he had weight advantage. Hoping the much heavier Kioti with attachments (2600 vs 4600 pounds) would do better.

John Why am I asking. Wanting to pull some scrub bushes out. They have about 3 inch diameter trunck at ground level before branching out. I would like to get wire rope/chain/or nylon tow strap to pull from tractor/truck hitch to attempt to pull out. i want to properly (over)size the setup.

If the tractor does not work we could use 4WD heavy duty one ton pickup at about 7500 pounds empty. If that does not work then could use a saw. No backhoe or dozer available.

So open for more thoughts on how to remove while having fun, being safe, and setting a good example for the teenagers.

Thanks

Wayne

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST #5  
all depends on the bush type and soils it is in. I've seen smaller bush sizes that a 175hp mfd tractor with duals couldn't pull out. Finally got them by hooking to the 3pt and lifting as we pulled....

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST #6  
OK. Any of the vehicles you mentioned should work to pull out those bushes. What you really need is a leverage tool. There have been many discussed in threads around here. It can be as simple as a 4x4 post with a notch in the top to a steel pipe or bar with angle iron welded to bottom in a Vee shape (think of a big claw hammer pulling a nail). Connect your chain to the base of the bush and route it up and over the lever post to the pull vehicle. You will get lots of upward pull that will pop those bushes right out.

Here is one good thread thats got lots of good ideas.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/129506-tree-puller-hard-get-trees-5.html

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST #7  
I used to have a wire spool for this purpose, roll it next to the sapling/bush with the cable laid over the spool and tied to the base of the bush. it usually would pull them right up with a small tractor.

Then roll it over to the next bush and do it again.:D

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST
Thanks for the idea of using mechanical advantage. After reading the link I am glad we did not put the old steel wheel rim in the recycling bin yet. Looking forward to pulling them up.

Thanks

Wayne

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST #9  
I'd recommend using a wide nylon tow strap...reason is that cable or chain is more likely to cut into the brush and break the trunk off rather than just lifting/pulling it out. Also, the strap can take a pulling shock and transfer it to the bush better.....idea of using leverage is excellent..... I think the heavier vehicle, since it is 4wd, is likely to be your best choice, be sure and use lowest gear. You should take precautions to make sure that nobody is in line with the strap in case it parts and snaps back.

/ Hitch Pulling Force - Kioti CK30 HST #10  
don't forget to take advantage of your FEL. take a scoop out of the front of the bush before you lift/pull. It will help a lot, and you're going to have a hole to fill anyway.