Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540HD-12 2010

Default Ballast Box pics (and others)

Hey everybody:

Some of you have inquired about my ballast box and wanted to see some pictures. It took me a while to get all of the parts to it (one of the lift pins was missing), but today I finally got it together. I have not filled it with concrete yet, however I hooked it up and snapped a few pictures. I also took a few of the tractor itself... but you can ignore those.

If you have any questions, fire away...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1528_small-jpg   -img_1529_small-jpg   -img_1530_small-jpg   -img_1531_small-jpg   -img_1533_small-jpg  

Kubota M8540HD12-1 (2010), R4s with 3 Sets of Weights, 2 Remotes (SCD & FD), Rear Work Light and Down Exhaust
    Kubota LA1353 FEL with QA 72" Bucket, Self Leveling Valve and 3rd Function Remote
    CCM Category II Hydraulic Toplink with Flow Restrictors
    Kubota QA 48" Pallet Forks
    Kubota M8180 Ballast Box filled with concrete (1,800 lb)
    Land Pride QH-20 Quick Hitch
    Land Pride RCR2672 6' Rotary Cutter
    Land Pride GS2596 8' Grading Scraper
    BAC Industries BG-10 Post/Tree Puller

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Ballast Box pics (and others)

Very nice,! you might want to put in some PVC pipes for handle tools vertically before you pour the concrete. I put in 3, I wish I had put in 4 they sure are handy
    James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HD-12 2010

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Very nice,! you might want to put in some PVC pipes for handle tools vertically before you pour the concrete. I put in 3, I wish I had put in 4 they sure are handy
    James K0UA
    I have read a lot about that on this site. Sounds like a great idea!
    Kubota M8540HD12-1 (2010), R4s with 3 Sets of Weights, 2 Remotes (SCD & FD), Rear Work Light and Down Exhaust
    Kubota LA1353 FEL with QA 72" Bucket, Self Leveling Valve and 3rd Function Remote

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 Ford 8N Ford 6000

I just picked my ballast box up yesterday afternoon. RJ, I think we have the same box. My part number is for cat1, your part number is for cat2? I put tie down anchors on this morning, will silicon internal seams tomorrow, then off to the concrete company. Philip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscn4626-jpg   -dscn4623-jpg   -dscn4624-jpg   -dscn4625-jpg  
    Kubota L3940HST-1 2009
    84" front blade
    LA724 loader w/quick attach
    HD 72" round back bucket
    turf tires
    Kubota GR2120 2013
    Ford 8N 1950
    Ford 6000 diesel 1961
    JD L110 2003
    Woods RD7200 finish mower, Land Pride RCR1272 rotary cutter, Bearcat CH5540 5" chipper, L8170 ballast box, 6' Woods pulverizer, 6' Dragon box scrapper with hydraulic rippers, 14" 2 bottom plow, sub-soiler, post hole auger, 3 point pallet forks, 30" rear scoop, 7' Land Pride RB1584 rear blade, 3 point boom pole

Tractor
    Ferguson TO 30 - TYM T433 Cab - Power King 1614

If you don't mind me asking, how much does kubota get for those boxes?

Al
    Serious Dogs For Serious Work

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HD-12 2010

I see some subtle differences that indicates they are different boxes. That would make sense since the part numbers are different. The most notable difference I see is the channel iron that runs horizontally across the top that reinforces to top link attachment. On mine, my channel iron is 6 1/2" and goes below the top link attachment bracing.

I'll post another pic later today.

Here are the dimensions of my ballast box, measured at the top ID:

28.75" deep (front-to-rear)
    28.25" wide (left-to-right)
    32.75" high (top-to-bottom)

I figure it is around 14 cf and should weight around 2,000 lbs when full of concrete.

kubota listed mine at $575. I got it for 15% off... so around $488. Not cheap for a box, but I don't have the time to make one and I like the looks of factory boxes.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by rjkobbeman View Post

kubota listed mine at $575. I got it for 15% off... so around $488. Not cheap for a box, but I don't have the time to make one and I like the looks of factory boxes.

Wow, and everyone says that green paint is more expensive! The JD box is under $300. But seriously, that's a nice looking box and you will be glad to have it while using your FEL.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Thanks for the pictures, nice ballast box and house too

I need to look into getting something for our M8540. The cab may help some, but we haven't done any serious FEL work yet.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    kubota b2620

I put cement blocks (the solid ones) in mine and then filled in between and over the top with 3/4 inch stones/gravel. Or you could just fill it with 3/4 stone or field rocks. I still have the pvc pipe carriers too. It might not be as heavy as solid concrete but it is pretty darn heavy and it's reversible if something like a pin bends. I think it might drain and dry out better too. Something to think about.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HD-12 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Thanks for the pictures, nice ballast box and house too

I need to look into getting something for our M8540. The cab may help some, but we haven't done any serious FEL work yet.

Thanks for the compliments. I still have some minor trim work to do on the house, but for the most part it is finished. I spent all of 2008 and 2009 building it. My wife and I were the general contractors and I did about 75% of the labor. Concrete, exterior framing, roof, plumbing and front stone porch were contracted out. I did everything else.

I have been ripping a bunch of locust trees out of the ground in my pasture. If the cutter is on I don't have much of a problem, but in tight spaces I leave it off. With nothing back there, my &ss end comes off of the ground when I am under the roots and trying to rip the tree out. Getting the bucket wedged under a root then curling the bucket really has a lot of power. I can't wait to get the box filled and start using it.

All in all, I love the M8540... it is very impressive. All of the golfers (we live next to a course) stop and watch when I am taking trees down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast