Bradco Forks +

/ Bradco Forks + #1  

ctgoldwing

Platinum Member
Tractor
L3800HST
I recently gave in & picked up a lightweight (1500 lbs) set of Bradco forks. There have been several times this year when they would have been handy to have but the tipping point was reached when I had to attend to the 'tree'.

The 'tree' is the trunk remains of a monster oak I took down when we built our house in '86. At the time I had a small Kubota tlb (17hp? B8200?) and all I could do with the tree after trimming the branches off was to push/roll it to the edge of the woods. When I took it down the base had to be a good 30" in diameter.

Time rolls on. Now I have the L3400 and have cleared all the brush / small trees from about 1/2 acre of the woods. Great area for the dogs & with the lights I installed it really looks great at night. But. . . now we have (had) this slowly decaying trunk just laying there. Before it was a nice boundry, now it looked stupid.

Although I admit I tried to pick up the entire trunk at first :laughing: it was real obvious this mother weighed more than my lil machine was capable of.
I moved to the skinny end (about 15") and lifted it enough to get it off the ground high enough to use the chainsaw to cut off an 8' length. Then loaded the 'log' onto the forks & deposited it well into the woods. Repeat 7 times. Although the last piece was only about 6' long and had decayed to about 24" it unloaded the rear wheels quite a bit and if it wasn't for 4wd I could never have moved it.

Oh yeah, I'll never have a loader without quick attach :)

/ Bradco Forks + #2  
Where did you buy your forks at? How much if you don't mine me asking? I have been considering buying forks for the FEL.

/ Bradco Forks +
Where did you buy your forks at? How much if you don't mine me asking? I have been considering buying forks for the FEL.

I picked them up at a (relatively) local tractor deal, Woodbury Tractor in Woodbury, CT. Small operation but the owner is really great.
I think they were about $500.

/ Bradco Forks + #4  
Do you have a picture/s?

/ Bradco Forks +
Do you have a picture/s?

Sorry Triple, my bad :mad:

I should have taken some - next time I have the machine out I snag a couple. I have aready swapped the loader bucket back on but since its a 15 second operation I'll shoot some this weekend with it on & pix of the remains of the tree.

/ Bradco Forks + #6  
Sorry Triple, my bad :mad:

I should have taken some - next time I have the machine out I snag a couple. I have aready swapped the loader bucket back on but since its a 15 second operation I'll shoot some this weekend with it on & pix of the remains of the tree.

Thanks, I need to buy some and am looking around for a good buy.

/ Bradco Forks + #7  
I got a similare set of Bradco forks three yrs ago. Mine are 2500# "light duty", which is just what the doctor ordered for an L3400. I figure I can upgrade to a larger tractor & still be able to use them though.

I paid 525.00 for mine at a New Holland dealer. Well built.

/ Bradco Forks + #8  
Best picture I can come up with (at work on lunch!).

Attachments

• 101_0831.jpg
    101_0831.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 401