Winter Coming

/ Winter Coming #1  

cspot

Silver Member
Since last winter was a really bad winter for snowfall for most areas in the US, I wondered how many people have changed their setup for snow removal for this year (tire chains, FEL, snowblower, etc). I also wonder how many of us will be disappointed if we hardly get any snow and can't really use our new toys. Please post pictures of your new setup.

I have the same setup as before, but I bought a new McCormick CT65U with 4WD (didn't buy for better snow removal just updated my tractor). Before I had a MF135 that I had this blade on and it worked pretty well. I know I will be disappointed if we don't get at least a couple pretty good snows for me to play I mean work with it. I also have chains for the front not shown in the picture.

100_0151.jpg

100_0150.jpg

100_0149.jpg

/ Winter Coming #2  
Don't know what part of the world you live in but that is a serious looking blade. Looks like it could push a lot of snow, depending on the weight and traction of the tractor. Pic is from a couple of years ago, had about 5 1/2 ft in total, last winter only one minor snowfall.

Attachments

• 2009snow.jpg
    2009snow.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 341
   / Winter Coming #3  
I just updated tractors also, one that is easily transported to and from my other farms. To gather firewood and maintenance.
I will see how the FEL and the BB does this winter and plan accordingly for next:thumbsup:

/ Winter Coming #4  
This year I picked up a dual stage snow blower 50% off floor model @ Sears in July (walk behind) to clear between my house, and the wood shed, and also my deck when we get a lot. (25 year old deck, needs replaced soon).

I also added tracks to my primary plowing vehicle my ATV. I have a plow for it already, but I need to extend the mounts so it clears in front of the tracks before we get snow :D and it's useless :laughing:

Also, purchased my first tractor this year, so I should be able to clear any huge piles left by the plow easily, then clean it up with the ATV plow :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• tracks.jpg
    tracks.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 396
   / Winter Coming #5  
This year I picked up a dual stage snow blower 50% off floor model @ Sears in July (walk behind) to clear between my house, and the wood shed, and also my deck when we get a lot. (25 year old deck, needs replaced soon).

I also added tracks to my primary plowing vehicle my ATV. I have a plow for it already, but I need to extend the mounts so it clears in front of the tracks before we get snow :D and it's useless :laughing:

Also, purchased my first tractor this year, so I should be able to clear any huge piles left by the plow easily, then clean it up with the ATV plow :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've seen that set up before, on your ATV. Looks more fun than a snowmobile!:drool::thumbsup:

/ Winter Coming
Don't know what part of the world you live in but that is a serious looking blade. Looks like it could push a lot of snow, depending on the weight and traction of the tractor. Pic is from a couple of years ago, had about 5 1/2 ft in total, last winter only one minor snowfall.

I am in Western PA, so we don't get a ton of snow compared to alot of places. The blade is 9' wide. I don't know what it was made for but it is a heavy made blade.

/ Winter Coming #7  
Won't be disappointed at all w/same snow fall or less..mild winter last year.

Since setup work better than I thought for no new changes...well kinda one,hoping Mrs. Santa will bring cab. ;)

Attachments

• L2800HST ready for winter.JPG
    L2800HST ready for winter.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 272
   / Winter Coming #8  

I had a 500 Polaris with a Boivin track kit and plow; you'll love playing with it. I had stockpiles of snow 10 feet high and 20/30 feet back, but you'll also get tired of it if you get enough(count many) storms. Eventually sold the ATV and bought a CUT and a 74" blower. Much faster and no winch cable breaks:thumbsup:

/ Winter Coming #9  
Here's a pic of mine. I started out with a walk behind blower, bought a kubota, used FEL, then added poormans wooden snowpusher to FEL, later obtained a free truck plow and modified it to attached to my FEL arms. This is far the best setup for me.

Attachments

• DSCF3353.jpg
    DSCF3353.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 380
   / Winter Coming #10  
Our nieghboors just bought a new used F-250 that came with a 2 year 8ft Fisher Plow. It ha no rust at all an everything was in good shape. They maid me an offer, they would give the plow, but, i have to plow their 700' drive way everytime it snows. So last week we had a friend who is a great welder make us a special mount for the front of the 4320. I don't think the deal was too bad because the plow is basic new. now i have 1,300 feet of driveway to plow everytime it snows. Here is the blade.....

Attachments

• 3n33k63p65T45P25R5a8sf5641311ac40134c.jpg
    3n33k63p65T45P25R5a8sf5641311ac40134c.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 3n63k73l55Z15U55S0a8s501bb8fc8cab1431.jpg
    3n63k73l55Z15U55S0a8s501bb8fc8cab1431.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 190