John Deere 5325

/ John Deere 5325 #1  

PMA

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404
I was cutting hay last Friday when the instrument dash went blank. Only thing that works on the dash is the emergency flashers and the hour meter will appear but is not working. Checked fuses, they were okay. Tractor on has 350 hours. Anyone else had this problem?

/ John Deere 5325 #2  
There is a connector under the dash unit that can become loose. That is what happened to mine. Worth a check.

/ John Deere 5325
You talking about connections to the dash itself. I checked those connections and they were fine.

/ John Deere 5325
Turns out there is a fuse that feeds another fuse. Does not say that in the manual. Will know next time.

/ John Deere 5325 #5  
Excellent! we like those kind of fixes.

/ John Deere 5325
Let me tell you this story. Tractor kept blowing fuses and John Deere could not fix it. Finally after a month and taking it to the dealership they found a relay switch under the seat that was blowing the fuse. Also a bill for over a $1000.00 to put a $30.00 switch in the seat. Absolutely no satisfaction from Dealership in South Carolina. My last John Deere, we have New Holland and Case I near my house.

/ John Deere 5325 #7  
ouch.
The dealership makes a big difference. The closest JD dealer near me, has an iffy service dept. Fortunately there is a good one about an hour a way.

The NH dealer is very close to me, but I have not heard good things about their service dept either. Plus they don't stock many parts so everything is ordered.

At least the Deere dealers near me (there are 5) have a great stock of parts.