BH lights

/ BH lights #1  

billfires

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland 1920
Does anyone dig with their BH at night? If so what do you use for lights? I ended up digging a grave Friday that was done mostly with light from a 6V lantern after the sun had set. I have a NH 1920 and was wondering if 2 lights mounted reaeward on top of the ROPS would give enough light or would I need a light mounted to the boom (maybe removeable)? Thanks for any opinions and info.

Bill C

/ BH lights #2  
Bill, I have a worklight mounted on my canopy in the rear. It provides enough light for digging as long as it's not too deep. I have yet to figure out where to mount a light for grave digging. I have thought of mounting a light on the BH, maybe on the lower arm pointing at the bucket, but figure it would get damaged/torn off. I also envisioned the wiring getting damaged. We usually end up using a Coleman lantern for grave digging after dark. Nice bright light and no cords or batterys.

/ BH lights #3  
I have never dug a grave, but I have done some digging after dark. The best place to have a light is at the top of the boom. I put mine where the SMV sign mounts. It works really well there. The only problem is when you are using a real thin bucket and are digging deep. If you using anything larger that 10”, you should be alright. BTW, my canopy lights didn’t work worth a flip for digging with the hoe. The glare was awful.

/ BH lights #4  
BILL i had too dig one last week at night i used the tripod halogen work lights you have a cord but with the tripod it directs light into the hole but I would love to have some mounted on backhoe. Let us know what you do
EDT