200 hours in a year and three months

/ 200 hours in a year and three months
That would be a cool stat. Instead of number of posts, number of hours?

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #12  
Seat time seems to be a little more less each year,for the projects are getting done around the homestead,but snow removeal & ditches cleaning & driveway repairs & mowing keep one fresh.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #13  
<font color=blue>Do you have an understanding wife?</font color=blue>

Buck, a good portion of those hours are projects my wife wanted done.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #14  
152 hours in 3 months, 3 days. No idea what this would translate to in non-tractor manhours for the work it has done but it would be enormous. What a labor savor.

GS

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #15  
I have clocked just over 100 hours in 7 months. This was my first tractor and I can't remember what I did before I owned it.

Steve

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #16  
Morning all i'm at 180 hours after 10 months same here what did i do with out my tractor but with more attachments more time spent on it .
EDT

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #17  
Just checked mine and I've put on 197.5 in 18 months.

As far as translating the hour meter to wall clock, they are not the same. It depends upon the engine speed. A quote from my JD4100 handy-dandy Owners Manual states:

<font color=green>Hour Meter - Shows the number of used hours the engine has run at 2650 rpm. If engine has run at less than 2650 rpm, the indicated hours are less than the actual running hours. Use the hour meter as a guide when servicing various components of this tractor."</font color=green>

Used the proper green color since it's a Deere.... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

So... with the quote in mind, you have actually spent more time in the seat than you think. The only time I run my Deere at full PTO rpm is when I mow, use the rotary cutter, or the rotary tiller. There are occassional times when I use the FEL when under heavier use, but that is infrequent. Example: I used my rotary cutter to cut an 11 acre field last week. I put on 14.1 hours on the hour meter - most of that time at 2400-2500 rpm. I probably had nearly 16 or so hours on the seat. My body can attest for that... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Terry

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #18  
I've had my 4600 tractor since 2000 and just turned 1400 hours on it. I don't even know how many hours I've put on the other tractors.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #20  
55 hours in 4 months...