200 hours in a year and three months

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #21  
Hard to beleive I'm at 32 hrs since delivery late on the afternoon of 9/12!

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #22  
I just got to 200 hours. It took 6 months. The majority of these hours were spent digging post holes for a fencing project. There is a lot of work left to do so I expect the hours to contine to pile up. For all the money I have tied up in this tractor and attachments the cost per hour is depressing. I need to get a lot more hours of use to get this down to something that makes the expense seem justified.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #23  
I would be afraid to find out.................

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #24  
Centex,

Unless you bought the the tractor to make money and earn a living, I wouldn't think about the hourly cost of owning it or operating it. Consider it a hammer or drill that cost you a little more money. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I have earned a little extra money with mine. Just enough to cover the insurance and pay for some of the fuel. It's primary duty is to take care of my property and the market garden. I know that the CFO would not have given a blessing for mine unless we could justify it. It has been justified and paid for itself in the 18 or so months that I've owned it. One of the best investments in my life. Project the cost of depreciation over the next five years against one of your motor vehicles and you'll not regret the money spent.

Terry

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #25  
Hi,

I got 118 hours and my Kubota B2910 will be two months old in a few days!

I was wondering if I would get 200 on it befor the snow flies, but I just about got done what I need to this year. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

And ALL my work has been on about 3/4 acre of my 3.7 acres that is available! Lots of diggle to improve my area [pond is something like 50x80] and so on.

[I was going to edit this, but then I realized that I may have coined a new technical term "diggle" /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif ]

Probaly have a lot more seat time than that, as the first 50 hours I held the engine rpm down to 1,800 or so and the hour meter turned slower than my wrist watch.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Actually the only time I run at rated rpm is when mowing...

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #26  
I've put 65 hours on my Bobcat alone in the past 8 months -- In that same period, I have put about 80 hours on my tractor.

No wonder it seems my weekends go by so fast.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #27  
It has taken me two years to hit 100 hours. Hope weather will cooperate next year to accelerate this usage. At this rate I know I won't have to worry about running out of work.

Curt

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #28  
I just passed 97 hours at two years to the day.

Last winter we had virtually no snow.

With this summers drought, mowing time was way down.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #29  
I have 115 hours in about 15 months. Mostly mowing and blade work, seat time goes fast but for me at least it is both a relaxing and enjoyable escape./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ 200 hours in a year and three months
It appears many of us are in the similar situations. Some of us, apparently, extreme situations.

When I leave from work, people say, "Well, Chris are you going home to ride your tractor?"

Especially when I leave at 3 PM.

I can't imagine what they'd be saying if I had as many hours as some here!

Buck