200 hours in a year and three months

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #1  

Buck

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 790 (2001)
I broke the 200 hour mark this week on my tractor.

It is very hard for me to believe that I have spent 5 work weeks on my tractor in the last 15 calander months. Here in upstate NY, five of months of the year are snow ridden and tractorless for me so this seems to be an extraordinary amount of time taking care of 10 acres, four of which I do not touch.

What are your experiences in piling up hours?

Buck

/ 200 hours in a year and three months
Ed,

Do you have an understanding wife?

Buck

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #4  
2001 year I logged 700HRS. This year so far 550HRS.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months
700HRS is 17.5 40 hr work weeks. This is a very long time to be on the seat.

I am certain that many of us would love to hear how Tractor Work compares to Cabinet making in terms of satisfaction and money.

Care to comment?

Buck

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #6  
I'm still having a hard time adjusting to how quickly the hours pile up. I've had a Simplicity garden tractor for 5 years and it has a little over 200 hours on it. My 3 month old Kubota has almost 30. At first, I thought (hoped) that the hour meter was running fast. But I timed it against my watch for both tractors - and they are both accurate. I guess with the garden tractor you start it up, mow and shut it down. With the Kubota, all the tasks I use it for, plus idle time really seems to add up. I really find that aspect amazing.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #7  
511 hours in 28 months on my JD 4400,I would have had more if the thing had not been in the shop so much for repairs.
And another 511 give or take on TBN.

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #8  
9 months and 75 hours on my Power Trac PT425. About 1/2 hour a week mowing for the last 6 months. 2 hrs of brush hogging, maybe 10 hours of snow plowing and surprisingly, the other 50 hours is loader work!!! I thought I was buying a lawnmower that could do part time loader work and I ended up with a loader that does part time mowing /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #9  
O.K....this is almost embarrassing, but I've got a whopping 66 hours on my 2000 B2910 after 2 years and 4 months. Granted, I don't use it to mow and I've only got about 2/3 of an acre. It's mostly used for loader and backhoe work, with a few post holes and other miscellaneous jobs I never would have thought of using a tractor for. This winter I hope to try out the new snowblower....probably won't see a flake. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Anyway, every one of those 66 hours has saved me considerable time and/or back breaking work. I still make my payments with a smile and think this is the best purchase I've ever made. I've still got some convincing to do on the wife, but she's starting to see things my way.....about the tractor, I mean....I think I've convinced her she should remain my wife.

~Rick

/ 200 hours in a year and three months #10  
217 hours in 4 years. That includes mowing, tilling, cultivating, hauling wood and pushing trees down on about 6 of my 26 acres. Slowly getting to some of the rest each year.