• stuck 4.jpg
    stuck 4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 13,648
   / Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #2  
YIKES!!!

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this
It was not easy to get out either!

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #4  
Looks like you have some sticky soil but what type of tires are them? Looks like R4's on the front but the rears look like Turfs?

Chris

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #5  
that is stuck....

does your tractor have a big brother who can pull him out

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #6  
Steeper than it looks and mushy due to the vegetation holding the water. Maybe a bit of sand and gravel after you get it mowed. That is a flail on there isnt it?
larry

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #7  
Been there done that ... a wrecker and $70 solved the problem.

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this
The rear tires are R4 slicked up with mud! The implement on the back is a box blade pretending to be an anchor. That particular area of the pond is pure sand but I slide so far in that I got into the clay a bit. A pure recipe for stuck if ever there was one.

I had to get a skid steer over because the flat on top of the bank is very short and then the forest starts. The problem we had was the rears of the skid steer would come up off the ground when we tried to pull and we'd lose traction. It took patience, perserverence and two shovels to get her out.

What happened was I like to keep that bit of the bank clear. Every now and again I grade it with a rear blade. This time I went back too far because the box blade is not near as far out behind as the regulat blade. The wheels sank in, the tractor was bottomed out, the blade was embedded. A perfect setup if I do say so myself.

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #9  
I saw a late 60's Case backhoe in that situation when I was surveying on a highway job. The operator asked a D10 Caterpillar to back down and give him a tug with his winch. The guy wrapped the cable around the front axle and gave the D10 operator the nod. Next thing we saw was a couple of gallons of engine oil spilling from the cracked block. Turns out the engine held the Case front end to the back end. The suction of the muskeg was more than the casting could handle, though the D10 didn't care, either way.

Last I saw of the hapless backhoe operator he was walking over the hill on his way home. He knew he was finished.