replace Right lift rod assembly

/ replace Right lift rod assembly #1  

dlabrie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
I broke the ratchet on the R. lift rod assembly on the 3PH of my Kubota B2910. The Kubota replacement cost is $285.00!
Is there a place where I can buy one after market? I had a catolog at home from which I bought a new top link, but ...some how... it went out with the trash.

/ replace Right lift rod assembly #2  
If I'm not mistaken, I've seen a generic adjustable lift rod at Tractor Supply Company. Not sure of the exact price, but I'm pretty sure it was a lot less than $285.

/ replace Right lift rod assembly #3  
TSC lists in their catolog a universal standard duty stabilizer arm for right and left side, 3/8" x 1 3/4" high carbon steel. Holes access 7/8" pin on 31 9/16" centers.

7.58 each

also have a heavy duty for ford or mf 24.95 each

for ferguson 8.31 each

seems cheap to me

/ replace Right lift rod assembly #4  
Ouch! Can that price quoted by Kubota be REAL? I suppose so...they are charging me over $7 for a turn signal lens that I somehow lost...tiny little plastic thing...

How did you break it? I sure don't want to break mine at that price!

I think what this part is called in the TSC catalog is an "adjustable side link" and not a "stabilizer arm." I just got a catalog a couple weeks ago and this one has a diagram listing the different hitch parts.

Funny thing is I don't see anything specifically listed as an "adjustable side link" in the catalog. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Just took a look at mine and it appears to be about 16 inches long with 5/8 pins at each end. Naturally it adjusts longer or shorter.

Would a repair of the damaged side link on your B2910 be out of the question?

The parts manual lists all the parts that go into making that rod, on page 120. You can get a copy of the parts manual for free from tractorsmart [I think that is where I got mine...] PDF format but you can download the pdf reader for free too.

How bad is your ratcheting link damaged?

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ replace Right lift rod assembly
How did I break it? It appears that the adjustment arm came out of the spring clip when it was facing the back of the tractor and fell to a vertical position. When I lifted the 3ph the arm it jammed into the lift rod (not sure of its name) and was forced up. The ratchet itself is sandwiched in small case with a top and a bottom. The bottom plate snapped. I have been emailing back and forth with the good folks at Carver equipment to see if I can replace the ratchet. It has gotten a bit confusing and we need to talk on the phone. The $285 is for the whole R. lift assembly, quoted by Carver. I had to replace the top link and Kubota wanted an outrageous amount. I did get a generic one from a catalog for about $25 , but don't remember which one.

I just got my camera back from the repair shop and I will try to take a picture this weekend and post it.

We don't have Tractor Supply here in NH. I will go to their site and see if I can't get a catalog.

I just got my camera back from the repair shop and I will try to take a picture this weekend and post it.

We don't have Tractor Supply here in NH. I will go to their site and see if I can't get a catolog.

Thanks.

/ replace Right lift rod assembly #6  
Sometime back I got this link from one of the guys here:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.soonersales.com/6/cat6.htm?253>http://www.soonersales.com/6/cat6.htm?253</A>

Chuck

Chuck,
Thanks for the site. If I can't find a ratchet type for not too much $, I will probably go there.

Here is a pict of the broken ratchet. As you can see, I only need the bottom plate or the ratchet assembly.

Attachments

• 47-201555-wh2.JPG
    47-201555-wh2.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 202
and another view

Attachments

• 47-201556-r.JPG
    47-201556-r.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 154