Which 4 in 1 bucket is better? (Operation and Durability)

/ Which 4 in 1 bucket is better? (Operation and Durability) #1  

mechatgsk

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060
Hello,
I have 4520 with 400x loader. I'm looking at 4 in 1 buckets, Frontier and WR Long. I understand with the frontier I will be using my 3rd scv on rear of tractor and bucket is controlled with the 3rd scv lever. The WR long uses its own valve that you mount on tractor and fluid comes from power beyond ports on my spool valve assembly, the bucket is controlled with rocker switch mounted on joy stick knob. I'm concerned with bucket durability, ease of use, and installation. I do like the 3rd scv line kit from John Deere that comes with hard lines that mount on loader frame. One more question I have is can you use all three functions simultaneously on either of these buckets? Has anyone here used these two buckets and can you tell me why you like either one. Thank you for any comments.

Mike

/ Which 4 in 1 bucket is better? (Operation and Durability) #2  
I have the 5' Frontier on a 300CX loader and love it. I use the 3rd SCV and have it piped to the front of the loader. I use both levers at the same time when picking up brush piles or the last bit on the ground but am sitting still. It takes two hands but is very easy to do. No matter which bucket you get you have to use some brains when using it. I would not pull posts or clamp a long post in the bucket hanging straight down and try to curl it up. You can't beet it for hauling brush and logs or picking up that last little bit of rock or dirt that you chanse around with a regular bucket.

Dan

/ Which 4 in 1 bucket is better? (Operation and Durability) #3  
I have a UJ1 72" by WRlong. I like it and can't find anything wrong with it! So...that's my recommendation and I am biased. I also have the WRlong valve and rocker switch and really like it.

By the way...when you get the bucket you want and if it's not a Long, you can still use their valve on another brand...
Valve Kits

Last edited: