New Grand L3130

/ New Grand L3130 #1  

rvester1

Has any looked at the New L3130 tractor??
how does it stack up to the 3010??
What is the best price on this tractor?
thanks

/ New Grand L3130 #3  
I haven't seen one at the local dealer yet either. My uncle is in the market for a tractor of that size and wants to see one before he makes a decision. Our dealer expects to have one or two within the next few weeks. He says that there were two on a truck that delivered a M series to him last week. Definitive pricing still seems to be up in the air since he isn't sure what promotions or incentives he might have to work with.

/ New Grand L3130 #4  
have not seen one either. don't know if there is going to be much diff.

/ New Grand L3130 #5  
Hi...

I looked at both the other day. The L3130 is several inches longer
and wider. It also has a LCD display with among other thing a ground speed indicator. The deck is bigger and the seat has arm rests. The L3130 also wieghs a lot more @3305 vs 2765 for the L3010. It looks like a very nice tractor.

I'm wondering about all the wieght though. That seems like a lot for 32hp doesn't it? The New Holland TC35D wieghs about the same and some peeps were saying to get the 40hp instead.

I'm looking at buying my first tractor fo the 28 acres I just bought. I'm looking at the TC33D and either the L3010 or L3130. A backhoe and loader will be on whatever I get, most likely Woods brand. The TC33D wieghs about the same as the L3010. Being a car guy and a gear head I tend to look at the power to wieght ratio.

Also, why is it you only see hp figures and not the torque? I would think the torque figure would be more important on a tractor.

The dealer quoted 15,500 on the L3130 and 14,300 on the L3010 for just the tractor. I have not started any price negotiations yet. Need to drive the TC33D first.

/ New Grand L3130 #6  
Weight is good!!!
In my opinion the heavier the better, if you are not mowing your lawn. The more weight you have the easier it will be to affect the environment around you rather than the environment affect you. For example when using a hoe you don't want the machine to slide backward when you take a good bite of dirt. Since CUT's are less stable than most tractors it is nice to have more weight when working on uneven ground. One of the reasons I bought my machine was because it outweighed all other CUTS in the 40 HP range. Even so, I added 900 lbs of fluid to the tires and am considering wheel weights also. Trust me, you will want a all the weight you can stand, especially if you use the loader without your backhoe attached.

/ New Grand L3130 #7  
As Eric said "weight is good". Weight = Traction. especially when hooked up to some ground engaging equipment. As you mentioned in a car you look at power to weight ratio. The lighter the weight the easier it is to reach speed, or as it is known velocity. Now with a tractor, speed isn't such a factor. your looking more to just maintain momentum, which is inertia. It is more important to maintain traction, so that you can keep up your momentum. At 32hp you will have more than enough power to the wheel, as you can always adjust it by shifting between gear ranges. more important in a CUT is providing enough pto hp to power whatever size of pto driven implement you want to use, without lugging your engine out of its power band.

Yes torque specs. would be nice. But it would be hard to make them relavent to each individual use. As they are affected greatly by the number of gears that you have multiplied or divided by the ranges, as well as effected by the size of tires that you are running.

Could you fill us in more on what your needs are for this tractor. Will you need it for Landscaping, excavation, land clearing, yarding out trees, mowing, etc.

I have a New Holland TC29 equipped with a Woods 1012 loader and Woods 7500 Backhoe. This would be an almost identical pkg to the TC33D that your are looking at. And I use it for my part time property maintenance business, which includes small residential excavation, landscaping, tilling, mowing both feild and estate. I actually downsized this last year from an older Kubota L345DT. this smaller size Class II New Holland lets me maneuver in and around existing buildings, trees and lanscaping much better. and yet has enough power to handle decent sized implements in a time effeicent manner.

/ New Grand L3130 #8  
Thanks for your in guys. The only reason the weight really raised a flag is all the extra weight compared to similar units.

The tractor will be used to dig the basement on the house, septic tank, leach lines, electricity and water to the well about 700' away. There is a aprox 5-6' terrace I need to cut a driveway through. Actually will have to so some build up and ramp down off the terrace. The driveway will be about 500' and on a hill. There are trees about 90' deep on one side of the property that needs to be cleanup, fallen/dead trees and various under growth. The botom of the propery has a trees as well and gully thats gotten deeper than it should be, 12-16 foot. This needs to be manged before it gets to bad. There is to much erosion with a heavy rain. I will have do a couple tileing projects as well to stop erosion on the upper part of the property. Its not anything major though.

Oh...I also need to level a spot for the 50x60 Astro building.

After all that is done the upper 8-10 acres may go into CRP and get planted with grass. This part is pretty hilly but is farmable and had corn planted on it last year. This may happen in 2004 though since it will be farmed in 2003. I will be planting grass around the perimter and along the terraces several feet wide.

My Father in law is a heavy equipment operator so he knows whats what on the dirt work..unlike me. For the inital heavy dirt work we are going to rent a dozer for one day.

I think that about covers it... :)

/ New Grand L3130 #9  
Well all that mentioned can be done with a CUT. However the idea of the rental on the dozer with a good operator will save you vast amounts of time. You might want to consider renting or hiring a medium size excavator for the basement and septic tank hole. A good operator should be able to knock those out ina good day or weekend with a decent size machine. You can do them with the Cut but you will be there for a long time.

/ New Grand L3130 #10  
I drove a TC33D, its a nice tractor but the L3130 is bigger heavier and rides better. The L3130 is about the same size as the TC35D.
I've pretty much made up my mind on the Kubota.

The quote was:
Kubota L3130 $15,500
Woods 1016 loader $4000
Woods 7500 backhoe $6150 w/pump
Woods 6' rear blade $425
Woods 65" box scraper $650

Is it reasonable to think I can do this for $25k?