case 580c locking differential

/ case 580c locking differential #1  

forgottenben

I just bought a case 580c-CK and have used it for less than 10 hours and already got it stuck. While stuck I noticed only one of my rear wheels was spinning. I'm wondering if there's a differential lock for this machine. Ya, I probably should have discovered this before I bought the machine but the former owner was a bit stupid and ignorant.

/ case 580c locking differential #2  
Somewhere around I have a shop manual for the 580c. If nobody can answer the question I'll try and find it and look through it. My 580K has a pedal in the middle of the floor. Pushing down on it locks the rear wheels. I think you'll find that it'll get stuck easy but between planting and curling the front bucket and using the hoe you can usually get yourself out of a fair bit.

/ case 580c locking differential #3  
Kinda' keep in mind if it does have the diff. lock, most Op manuals say to not engage the lock with the wheels spinning.

If it has seperate L & R brakes, you could feather the one brake on the side that is spinning.

/ case 580c locking differential
Kinda' keep in mind if it does have the diff. lock, most Op manuals say to not engage the lock with the wheels spinning.

If it has seperate L & R brakes, you could feather the one brake on the side that is spinning.

HAHA! right now only the left brake is working and the right wheel is consistently the powered wheel. creates a slight problem. It's nearly gotten me into trouble twice. It's frustrating me greatly.

/ case 580c locking differential #5  
HAHA! right now only the left brake is working and the right wheel is consistently the powered wheel. creates a slight problem. It's nearly gotten me into trouble twice. It's frustrating me greatly.

what year 580? ours is a 70, it's got a small round peddle right behind the foot throttal, that ingages the diff lock......

/ case 580c locking differential
what year 580? ours is a 70, it's got a small round peddle right behind the foot throttal, that ingages the diff lock......

There's a hole in the floor by the foot throttle that looks like it could house a diff lock? One of these days I'll have to crawl underneath and figure it out.