Air Pressure in Loaded tires.

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires. #31  
I have rimguard in my tires,one started leaking at the bead. The dealer had me add a little air to tire,the leak stopped. I guess the bead won't stay seated properly when underinflated. I run more air pressure in my front tires because they aren't loaded. plowking

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires. #32  
I am surprized someone hasnt brought up using nitrogen in the tires......

:D

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires. #33  
Movintgt, that's correct. Tire pressures need to vary with the weight they support. This is easily evident when you think of the front tires on a tractor with a FEL compared to the ones on a tractor with a 3PH mounted implement. What's correct for one is totally inappropriate for the other. It holds true for rear tires as well, of course.
"

So you're telling me I should vary the air pressures in my big rig to stay within spec when I load from 30k-lbs empty to 80k-lbs loaded?

Put the tires in spec and leave them there.

Personally, I think a slightly lower pressure in a loaded tire would be necessary. Liquid is non-compressible, so the much lower air volume would increase rapidly with a very minimum amount of deflection. Harsh ride here we come.

Far reaching, but good example, would be tuning handling on a dirtbike by varying the amount of oil volume in a dirtbike fork. Normal pressure is 0psi. Raising oil level in the tubes a mere 5mm can make a drastic difference in harshness and/or bottoming resistance. The decreased air volume causes a sharper rise in pressures for the same amount of travel/ deflection. Raising the oil too far can cause very harsh ride or failure of the fork seals due to pressures exceeding the capabilities of the seal.

What do I run? No idea. If it looks slack, I add air.

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires. #34  
Nothing else had made me feel as good about not putting fluid in my tires as this thread. Thanks guys. :)7

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires. #35  
Nothing else had made me feel as good about not putting fluid in my tires as this thread. Thanks guys. :)7

I have not regretted it one minute since I had my tires loaded.....

:)

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires. #36  
lilranch2001 said:
I have not regretted it one minute since I had my tires loaded.....

:)

Haven't heard of any that have regretted it just a personal hang up I have. As time goes along and I learn more maybe I'll change my mind but right now it just seems like a bad idea to me. Why don't they sell them filled? How much extra wear does it cause? So on and so forth.

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires. #37  
Haven't heard of any that have regretted it just a personal hang up I have. As time goes along and I learn more maybe I'll change my mind but right now it just seems like a bad idea to me. Why don't they sell them filled? How much extra wear does it cause? So on and so forth.

ok.... seems like a weird hang up, but to each their own, farmers have been filling tires since...... they changed from iron wheels to rubber tires?

Manufacturers probably do not fill the tires for the benefit of the few of you who have the above stated weird hangup

:laughing:

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires. #38  
lilranch2001 said:
Manufacturers probably do not fill the tires for the benefit of the few of you who have the above stated weird hangup

:laughing:

Ya I'm sure they're making the whole wide world suffer for the convenience of a few "weird" people like me. Would you like me to personally apologize for the extra time and money you had to spend filling your tires? Cause it ain't gonna happen.

/ Air Pressure in Loaded tires.

My owners manual has a section telling how full to fill them so I presume it does not void the warranty.