Tractor
    3710 HST

Default Changing filters 3710hst

I'm changing my transmission and hydro filters at 200 hrs on the 3710 hst. Do I replace the trans and hydro fluids completly or do I re use them and top off to the correct levels.
    Thanks for your help

Gold Member
    Tractor
    access to our whole Kubota fleet

Default Re: Changing filters 3710hst

1Lucas
    The manual calls for changing only the hydraulic filter at 200 hrs., the fluid is changed at 400 hrs. (this is provided you changed all the fluids and filters at the 50 hr. service). You shouldn't loose much fluid if you have the new filter ready when you remove the old one.
    Lewis

Tractor
    3710 HST

Default Re: Changing filters 3710hst

Thank you Lewis. That is how I read it also in the manual, but when I went to the dealership of course they sold me 11 gal of udt and told me I should change it.
    Lewis I had a tuff time getting the trans filter off. When I finally got it of it seemed different than the kubota filter they gave me. Is the factory installed one when the tractor is new a better filter than the replacement? The original one seems heavy duty compared to the replacement, it also had an o ring instead of a flat rubber gasket.