3-Point Hitch Who remembers when #2

/ Who remembers when #2 #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Did any of you ever ride one of these?? Somebody in my hunt club dropped this off at our cabin so I took a couple pics of it. It's pretty old, before my time even!:laughing: I would hate to have to sit on that hard metal seat for more than a minute or two, let alone most of the day!:(

For the record, it looks like the two handles simply control the angle of the two gangs. Not very complicated, but very rusted up. I doubt any thing moves on it, maybe the discs & wheels will turn?? Anyway, thought some of you might like to see another riding attachment from way back when.

Oldbogharrow001.jpg

Oldbogharrow002.jpg

/ Who remembers when #2 #2  
No, that's even before my time, but thanks for posting, I like to see all that old equipment. Sadly, we sold all of our old horse drawn stuff when I was about sixteen.

/ Who remembers when #2 #3  
I would hate to have to sit on that hard metal seat for more than a minute or two, let alone most of the day!:(

I bet the farmer looked at that the very first day and thought to himself "Great! Now I can ride instead of walking behind! How much easier can it possible get?" :D

/ Who remembers when #2 #4  
A gunny sack full of hay or straw and you thought you were in a Cadillac!

/ Who remembers when #2 #5  
That is a dandy....and if you could get it oiled up and operating it would work nice behind a 4 wheeler....I'd betcha. Those old machines had some interesting features. Kuel post Kebo. :thumbsup:

/ Who remembers when #2 #6  
I'm not that old and we had one growing up. My father raised horses and mules so we had several horse drawn impliments. I can remember some not too fun days spent on the seat of that thing turning in grass seed while breaking a new team.

/ Who remembers when #2 #7  
I would hate to have to sit on that hard metal seat for more than a minute or two, let alone most of the day!

Quite often the Farmer would alternate between walking or sitting. Walking was one way of getting out of the dust.:D

/ Who remembers when #2 #8  
Quite often the Farmer would alternate between walking or sitting. Walking was one way of getting out of the dust.:D

You mean when you got off the seat, the seat switch didn't cut out the power and sound an alarm?

/ Who remembers when #2
That is a dandy....and if you could get it oiled up and operating it would work nice behind a 4 wheeler....I'd betcha. Those old machines had some interesting features. Kuel post Kebo. :thumbsup:

Thanks foggy, I figured some folks here would get a kick out of it after Timber started his thread about old riding implements. I believe the reason one of the club members dropped it off at the hunt club was because they had the same idea as you....it could be used behind an atv. The only problem with that idea is there is no way to transport it. We have almost 700 acres there, how would you move it around to all the different plots we have there??? Trailering it would be the easiest maybe, but still a pain. Some of the trails at the club just aren't wide enough for a typical trailer. So, it's still just sitting there!!

/ Who remembers when #2 #10  
I'm not sure about your trails or land....and this is just a thought. BUT you could just get off the seat.....and just move the blades to "straight" and they become "transport wheels". When you get to the plots angle the blades and put some weight back in the seat. :thumbsup: Sounds easy from here. (grin) :laughing: