Pulled six teeth today!

/ Pulled six teeth today! #1  

Anonymous Poster

Yep! You got it...my tooth bar /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Seems like a reasonable SOP if one is not expecting to dig much/any dirt and might be cleaning up some snow...

Is this what you guys in snow country do?

Bil in Pgh, PA...where it can snow a lot or a little, you never know...

/ Pulled six teeth today! #2  
yep! up here a tooth bar don't do no good on snow/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif actually lent it to my nextdoor neighbor a few weeks ago, he liked it so much i will probably have to go for it with a gun. i don't think i will be doing any digging till next spring. been raining for 2 days and isnot condusive to dirt work.

/ Pulled six teeth today! #3  
I usually leave my toothbar off unless I am digging with the FEL. I found for loading, spreading, and smoothing loose material, it is easier with the toothbar off.

/ Pulled six teeth today! #4  
Would someone mind explaining to me what a tooth bar is? I assume it is something one attaches to their loader. Are they just generic and you just need to get one for the size bucket you have? Do you just drill holes and mount it on? Are they useful? Price?

Thanks

/ Pulled six teeth today! #5  
Most toothbars slides over the cutting edge of a loader bucket and are held in place by 2 bolts through the side of the bucket. They are pretty much generic, you need to measure the inside width of your loader bucket, and let them know weather you have a bolted on or a welded on cutting edge on your bucket. Prices are generally between $250 to $350.