I feel I want a second tractor!!!!

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #11  
Dare to dream, Bill. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Some of us stand by the sidelines, content with the dream tractor we each have, but not you...you just need to take the game to a all new level. Instead of asking why, you dare to ask why not. I guess if I was such a visionary, I would need to trade in my NH TC33D and get a NH TC40D SS with the 84" MMM & FEL, AND a JD X595 with 48" MMM. Of course I would need every attachment known to man. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #12  
I have a B7500 and also have 2 448 case garden tractors. I did have at one time 5 case gts and then I had 2 B7200 and 3 case gts. One or the other will do what ever I am interested in doing.

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #13  
I absolutely LOVE having two compact tractors. In my opinion, the optimum MOWING configuration is to have one with mid-mower and one with rear mower. I have a Kubota B2150 with FEL and a 72" rear finish mower and an older B7100 with a 48" mid mower. I call them the "His and Hers" tractors. My wife usually mows the larger less steep part of the lawn (about 3 acres) using the larger B2150 since it is hydrostat and I use the smaller B7100 (gear drive) to mow the steeper areas (about 1.5 or 2 acres).

As far as safety goes, I find that the rear mounted mower has a tendency to cause the tractor to slide sideways when mowing down a hill and I am not travelling perpendicular to the hill (I don't have fluid in the rear tires). This does not happen with the mid-mower tractor. In fact, I can safely turn around at the bottom of the hill using the mid-mower, but when the rare occasions occur that I get to use the larger tractor to mow the same area I have to back up and down the hill because I don't feel comfortable turning that tractor around at the top and bottom of the hill.

That is why I have frequently posted that if I had to choose ONE type of mower, I would go with the rear mount. But rear-mowers and mid-mowers each have their advantages, and having both (on two different tractors) gives you the best of both worlds.

My only wish is that the 48" mid-mower were larger. A BX2200 with a 60" mid-mower would be nice. A B2710/B2910/B7800 with 72" mid-mower would be nice also.

Hmmm.....

Maybe you could get a B7800 with mid-mower so that it could share all the implements with your B2910.

THE WISH LIST NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!

Kelvin

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #14  
You are not normal. You **only want ONE more!!** I could use 2-3 more tractors with a fullsize backhoe and dozer. Then again, I'm crazy... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #15  
Bill
I have a 2910 also. I have a MMM though. After 2 1/2 years of use I got tired of walking around my property to trim where the mower would not cut. Mostly under pine trees. I started shopping around for used front mount mower. Tried several units out at my house.
Finally ended up with a<font color=green> JD </font color=green>735 front mount mower with a 60” mower. You can buy a BX for what it cost. But I do not have to any trimming any more.

My son say's it's the trimmer.
Wife calls it another toy. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Even if you don’t buy anything, enjoy the search. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #16  
One can never get enough of good loving or tractors. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Second tractor..why not,for if you have means an little need plus putter around..I say go for it.

Wife checking TBN /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif my wife has caught me before /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif so don't ever become surprise. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #17  
I've got two tractors so far, plus a lawn tractor. As we get more into farming we'll have more. Even my wife says that we need more, and we do! Once you have a tractor, you wonder how you ever lived without it. Then you need more!!

I use both my tractors almost daily, and already have a need for a third, but for financial reasons, we'll have to wait a bit./w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #18  
You *need* another one!

I have a push mower, left over from my first house. Yard was laid out that it had so many obstacles.. you could only push mow it or weed wack it... hated it.. took forever to cut. When we built our new house, i laid out the yard so that it was all mowable by riding lawnmower, and one pass with the weedwacker. I also fenced it so that there was only a little yard around the house anyway.. 99% of it is on the 'pasture' side'.
For the pasture, i bought my NH1920 and brushhog. Now we bought another larger pasture a mile or two from the house, so I use the 1920 for the larger pasture ( 10 ac ), and got an 8N for the small area around the house ( 3ac ).

Still use the riding lawnmower for around the house, and mowing the right of way in front of the house. Probably could bushhog it.. but as I am closer to the ground on the rider.. i can avoid hitting trash kicked up from the road... bushhogs makes a mess of phonebooks dropped in the weeds... paper everywhere...

The push mower still runs... I start it up every month just to keep it going... don't use it anymore though./w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The other good thing about two tractor is as someone else pointed out... his & hers mowing or other tasks. For instance, when seeding, i like to broadcast seed, then drag it with a pasture drag... That is normall 1 pas with the broadcaster, then a pas with the harrow. OR.. send the broadcast tractor ahead 20 ' and then let the drag tractor follow. Doesn't quite cut the time in half, as it takes longer to drag than broadcast.. but possibly cuts 25-33% off..

Soundguy

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!!
With a lot of folks trading BX-2200s in for BX-22s, there are probably some good deals avialable on the BX-2200. IMHO, it would be an excellent second unit for your mowing chores and still give you the option of using "real" implements when it is convenient for you to do so...like when you larger machine is setup for some other task.

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #20  
Why not do what I did and get a ZTR. Nothing beats them for finish mowing. Highly manuverable and will dramatically cut your time mowing. It is a mowing machine only obviously except for towing a grass catcher, spreader or something.

I used a 6 foot finish to cut the 4.5 acres lawn with over 100 trees and house, pool, barns, kennel etc...it took about 2 1/2 hours with the tractor. It takes me 1 hour 10 minutes with my ZTR with 6 foot deck and it looks much nicer with all the pretty rows of stripes I like to do.