I feel I want a second tractor!!!!

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #31  
I went the other direction.
I had a JD-318 with a 50" MMM. I tried to wear it out. I almost did so before it was OPD I bought a Kubota.
The idea of having a MMM for small acreage or around the house and a CUT for larger or tougher jobs only makes sense.
What makes no sense is my desire to purchase a New Holland TC33 to round out my collection!

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #32  
I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking..

I figured I was going to get flamed by the ztr people. Not knocking them.. just can't pay that kind of money for just a lawnmower.. got to have utility.

Soundguy

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #33  
Feely touchy

I have 2 tractors. One is a Kubota L48 with a loader, the other an International without a loader. I use the big one for mowing and the little one for moving dirt. I would like to get it down to just one. Perhaps sell both and get something like a Kubota L4130 or smaller or a equivalent from another company. The ZTR's are absolutely dynamite mowers. If you go to glenmac.com, they have the larger JD and Kubota front mowers doing lots more then mowing. They use them for landscaping with the powered landscaperake. Rat...

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #34  
Soundguy, You are right about not having the utility with ztr's. That's why I have the 3010. If I had to have just one thing it would be the tractor. There is no way I could give up the FEL.

I would venture to say that most of the stuck ztr's are guys that don't know what the limits are or do something stupid. My ZD28 has shocked me about going through ditchs on my property. Goes a lot more places than I thought.

Can't flame you for not liking the ztr's, I didn't for years but if a person has the means and the inclination to drastically cut mowing time and have a manicured lawn they can't be beat. That's why all the pro LCO's use 'em.

I, for one, got tired of steering the tractor around all the obsticles in my yard. Plus taking the finish deck on and off all the time for switching implements. Now I just hop on and go...and go fast! They are a blast to drive! And the tractor is used for all the heavy work.

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #35  
I agree, until you've used one, you'll never realize what a dedicated mower can do. Its ability go straight up hills, sideways and always have traction is fantastic. The speed, manueverbility and clean cut are second to very few. I wish I had one. Rat...

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #36  
Must be something that goes with the name. I'll throw in 1 more:

You can't have too many cigars.

GS

(Also a Jack)

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #37  
<font color=blue>you can't have to many cigars.<font color=blue>

<font color=black> Good old cigar now and than /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif like doing some flat mowing,snow removeal,just sitting and enjoying the crisp autumn blue sky day..in a strange way its relaxing. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #39  
Just remember, as Grouch Marx said,” I love my cigar too! But I do take it out of my mouth every once in a while!”
You can figure out where and when that came from…

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #40  
/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif