Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

Default Re: I feel I want a second tractor!!!!

Having had one tractor for many years, I longed for the second. My smaller machine is a Ford (now NH) 2120. I had a 758 backhoe on it but changing to a box scraper, york rake etc was a pain and I didn't often do it if I was using the hoe (which was almost always it seemed). Last year I sold the 758 hoe and got a NH 75D with a Woods 1050 backhoe. I love having 2 machines, one to backhoe and do the heavy lifting and the other for 3 pt hitch work. Both have quick attach loaders and share the same implements.

Andy

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

I agree with you on the ztr's soundguy. This spring I needed a bigger mower and seriously considered one but like you couldn't justify the 8-10k for just a mower. I ended buying a 455 that I can do other things with if I need to. So far all I've done is mow but at least I have the ability to do something else with it and it was less than a comparable ztr.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I didn't specifically go into my decision against the ZTR.. I just went to their dealer ( a local dealer ) and started asking questions, like... 'Say I want to pull my pasture drag...' and they would cut you off saying something about warranty or clutch wear, etc..
    After a few questions like that, I knew I needed a tractor with a cheap attatchable mower.. not a dedicated mower priced like a tractor.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>I agree with you on the ztr's soundguy. This spring I needed a bigger mower and seriously considered one but like you couldn't justify the 8-10k for just a mower. I ended buying a 455 that I can do other things with if I need to. So far all I've done is mow but at least I have the ability to do something else with it and it was less than a comparable ztr.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345