I feel I want a second tractor!!!!

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #1  

Anonymous Poster

HI!

Is this normal...???...REALLY! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

My new B2910 with RFM does an OK job mowing from what I have seen do far, but there are some places I can't really get to easily with it due to its size...

Maybe it's just tractor withdrawal…since I have to move inside and do some things I promised to do…

I keep thinking how nice it would be to have a smaller tractor…like a Kubota BX-2200… with a MMM…along with the B2910…a sibling, to keep it company…

I started reading the classifieds...

Is this a common affliction? Is there any hope for me?

Do many of us actually end up with two [or more] of these little diesel helpers?

Hope my wife is not a closet reader of TBN! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #2  
I see lots of people around here with more than one tractor, but they are generally more like one ~50 HP and another closer to 100HP. It would seem like it would be more useful to have one small one like the BX and another larger one closer to 60 HP for tackling the bigger jobs. To answer your question, no you are not alone. I have been looking at buying a ~200HP tractor to compliment my 75HP tractor. The only hard part in all of this is trying to convince the wife of the need for a second tractor./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #3  
I guess you would have a hard time convincing me that you would need a 200hp tractor for 43 acres or are the acres that much bigger in Texas?

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #4  
Bill,

I don't know whether its normal or not, but there are clear cases where more than one tractor or other power unit is needed. I have 2 tractors at the moment and use each one for the tasks it does best. You certainly need more than a compact tractor with a rear mount mower to do finish mowing in tight spaces on many lawns. Some kind of additional trimming unit is essential. This might be a simple walk-behind unit, but if you have a large area to deal with, a lawn tractor or lawn and garden tractor that can maneuver easily and gingerly without scuffing the turf would be better. If finish mowing around landscaping and buildings is your need, a BX 2200 seems to me to lean toward overkill. Not that there's anything wrong with that--I am guilty of overkill and still find I can sleep peacefully each night. I also have a wonderful marriage and a loving wife who understands and supports my "other" love affair with tractors and equipment.

I wouldn't feel guilty if I were you. There are quite a few other TBN members who have more than one tractor. Just think carefully about what you really will be using the second unit for before jumping in. In my opinion the second unit has to clearly shine at tasks the first unit is not well-suited for and vice versa.

My tractors and equipment not only perform needed chores, but also provide me enjoyment, relaxation, and intellectual challenge. In addition, I don't have to spend a dime on a psychiatrist to help me keep my sanity. I think of it like this----There is no such thing as having too much money, there is no such thing as having a love life that is too satisfying, and there is no such thing as having too many tractors.

Good Luck in your quest.

Jack

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #5  
Okay, now you've entered my fantasy world.
crazy.gif

I'm happy as a clam with my li'l Bota (L2500DT), as it does everything it was designed for quite well. If I ever replace it, it will just be for more muscle (another "is this normal?" issue, eh?)

Too often, though, there are things that it just can't do, so I think about what would make the perfect mate for it. If I could afford the wedding bells, she'd look something like <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jcb.kiev.ua/eng/img/802main.gif>this</A>.
wink.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #6  
I've got five tractors and use every one of them. If you need it and can afford it do it. You only live once.

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #7  
Well the larger one would be used to disc up land which I am trying to lease for hay production and to pull a baler. A little overkill probably, but I can get a 10 year old 200 HP MFWD Deere for around $35,000 around here. I agree it sure would be overkill for my 43 acres./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!! #8  
yep! this common. but just take 2 asprin and think about in the morning!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif just today i wished i had a 100 hp tractor(damm stump) and then i wished i had a bx, get the point? ain't nothing perfect. but my 2400 is what i need 95% of the time.

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!!
Gee...I just realized that I did not count that 20 HP yardman tractor I have.../w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif...guess in my mind if it's not diesel, it's not a tractor anymore!

Bill...

/ I feel I want a second tractor!!!!
Frank...I think I got the point...

You need <font color=orange>two</font color=orange> more tractors!!! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Bill